Race fuel mix?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
haulinit

#1 Post by haulinit »

I normally run just premium fuel in my dale, but this week for a race it is suppose to be close to 100 degrees and high humidity is there any advantage to mixing some race fuel to try and keep denotation away? My dale is also running rich and im to chicken to get in with the DM to lean it out with a race so close, i'm afraid I will mess something up and miss the race.

Thanks
Shawn

bigfoot17

#2 Post by bigfoot17 »

I am not the expert, but I would stick with Premium.It always worked for me.But that was back in the days of carbed bikes.

who_gives_a6

#3 Post by who_gives_a6 »

I had a post titled overheating last month to reference this. I actually appeared to have fuel boiling when running extended high rpm's on premium fuel at 100+ temps outside. I currently have a 110/91 50/50 combo in it. I have only ridden it once since then because I sold my truck and waiting on new one to be delivered, but it seemed to help the issue. I was able to ride a bit longer than just with premium, but still having the issue.

Eveyone has different opinions on which race fuel is best but I buy whatever is available. Both VP and Sunoco have worked well for me. Just regular 110.

haulinit

#4 Post by haulinit »

I have the header wrapped to try and avoid boiling the fuel, I'm just concerned with the possibility of getting some detonetation at high rpms and high air temps.

Trouble

#5 Post by Trouble »

pump is fine.no need to over think things.race fuel is hard on the orings etc in the fuel system regardless.viton seals or not...just sayin