Oil Level by the site glasses.

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
bigfoot17

#1 Post by bigfoot17 »

My 440X sits most of the time. I start it about once a week. When cold, the trans site glass shows half full and the frame is empty. Once I start it, the frame goes to half. Yesterday, I started it and the frame went to almost full and the trans showed about 1/3 full. When I shut it down the frame was still full and the trans was at 1/3. Tonight , I go out and the frame is at empty and the trans is at half(cold).After I ran it for about 2 minutes,I shut it down and the frame glass was full, the trans was at 1/3.
Can I ride the bike next weekend?

bigfoot17

#2 Post by bigfoot17 »

Thank God nobody answered this. After reading it again ,I thought , what a dumb a$$. Can the post be deleted?

speedfreek

#3 Post by speedfreek »

My guad does this. It can take quite awhile for the oil to drain down sometimes. also the oil in the sight glass is very sensitive to how level the machine sits. I have turned the machine around in the garage and the level in the sight glass would change.

bigfoot17

#4 Post by bigfoot17 »

Believe it or not, I have been riding for 46 years.I have wanted a Cannondale since they were introduced. But after reading alot of the posts , I have become scared to even ride this bike out of my yard. So every time I see or hear something strange, I start to panic.
Please bear with me.
I got to learn to relax and just ride.