New duals are done

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
m_mcgranahan

#31 Post by m_mcgranahan »

QUOTE (rayspeed @ Apr 11 2012, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Mark... I traded Bill (Kuma) a fox shock for a diy kit for making duals and honestly dont think that I will ever get around to welding them up so I would probably let it all go fairly cheap.

Hi ray. Just saw this. I am interested but can't sem to send pms tonight for some reason. Shoot me a price when u get a chance

m_mcgranahan

#32 Post by m_mcgranahan »

So anyone have a dyno sheet usng these duals and mufflers?

rayspeed

#33 Post by rayspeed »

I dont know what a nearly new fox shock was worth but as long as shipping does not run me more than $25 I would send them all for $50 shipped and cut off the flange and stubbs of an 03 header to get you that far... I did not have cans for it and remember it is just a bunch of bends that need cut and welded up that bill figured out would be enough to come up with duals.... I assume it worked because I think he had them going.
Ray

m_mcgranahan

#34 Post by m_mcgranahan »

QUOTE (rayspeed @ Sep 3 2012, 02:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont know what a nearly new fox shock was worth but as long as shipping does not run me more than $25 I would send them all for $50 shipped and cut off the flange and stubbs of an 03 header to get you that far... I did not have cans for it and remember it is just a bunch of bends that need cut and welded up that bill figured out would be enough to come up with duals.... I assume it worked because I think he had them going.
Ray

Sounds good to me. My zip out here is 50707 for shipping cost.

rayspeed

#35 Post by rayspeed »

Think I remember somebody using toaster cans and getting some pretty impressive results... If you need them quiet to meet track requirements I would think leaving the guts in them would be the way to go but with the cones out of them if I remember right they had a good sound to them and because they are steel are much easier to modify and weld on. I have one that has been repaired without cones and a couple with cones if you want em Mark.
Ray

Kuma

#36 Post by Kuma »

I actually never finished them up, they are all cut and tacked together, I just need to get around to welding them, then I'll be putting them up for sale. That's a smoking price, If I recall it cost about $175 for the bends that I bought.

rayspeed

#37 Post by rayspeed »

Darn if I would have known you had them tacked up! I thought you had that setup going and sold it. I have access to a certified welder that does amazing work and owes me some favors and duplicating something like that would be much easier than starting from a bunch of bends... What cans do you have them set up for and what would you want for it as is?
If you can wait a bit mark this may change things a bit but save you allot of work and possibly time... would you consider buying Bills setup as is and he can get it to me and I can get it welded up nicely... copy it with the bends that I have for myself and forward you one set or the other depending on what you want for cans.
Ray

wistech

#38 Post by wistech »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00go9rwvXJ0 I never got to see the results so hopefully Tim will send me the files . He was custom making a map for the duals . Didnt have time to finish but it he said somewhere around 56 horse on the last few runs. It was funny watching Tim trying to punch a hole for the air tube in the muffler. Its not as easy on titanium . tongue.gif