starts and Dies??

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Supermotodad51

#1 Post by Supermotodad51 »

My 440s starts and Dies, when it finally stays running it reves to 4500 rpm, then whin i try to idle it down the bottom falls out and it dies.
I R&R stepper and put in new Injectors, fuel flow seems strong as filter is constianty flowing fuel thru it.
any thoughts??
electrical, restricted fuleline, failing pump or pressure regulator??

Higher # on injector offset means richer at Idle correct? currently .85
leakage is set @ 0
Thanks Kurt

m_mcgranahan

#2 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

I had something wierd similar to this from a bad battery. You might also check the fuel line pressure just to make sure that it is between 42-50lbs and that it doesn't dive when you hit the gas. (That's what mine has been doing)

Hope that helps.

God bless...
Mark

rayspeed

#3 Post by rayspeed »

Did you happen to load a map without going into the update calibrations and switching them over to what you got from reading the previous calibrations instead of what automatically comes from the map? Sometimes the flow rate that automatically populates from the new map is a dangerously low and lean flow rate of 2600 for most motors.
Tell us what your flow rate number is reading the cal's and also what your tps percentage is when it is running and that would tell us more but that .85 offset is among the leanest I have seen and right off the bat I would maybe try .95 or 1.0 to see if it helps. Also if the motor and exhaust is stock or not would help us dial you in more. Also make darn sure that you are doing the throttle cal correctly by backing off everything to get the closed reading... I know that is a pain.

MX Quad Dad

#4 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Wow....... this was asked months ago.

I had a simular problem with one I had just purchased. It was the relay under the air filter. removed the relay and it ran perfectly.

m_mcgranahan

#5 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Yeah, sorry it took so long for any of us to reply. Normally that is a big benefit of cdale ownership that we all jump in to help each other. Please let us know what you find out...

God bless....
Mark