Engine spewing oil from over flow

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
will_b72

#1 Post by will_b72 »

For a while now I've had oil coming from the overflow tube. I only notice it dripping when I get back from a ride. I thought I had just overfilled the reservoir but Ive checked it a hundred times and its not overfilled but i still get oil out of the overflow. Is it as simple as an overfill on my part or could there be something else wrong? Also, could that be causing my bike to die right in the middle of riding? It's been doing that too. If anyone has any Ideas please let me know. Thanks.

haulinit

#2 Post by haulinit »

Usually the crank case has been overfilled with oil or the oil pump has stopped working. If you are sure that it has not been overfilled tilt the quad onto the right side and pop the clutch cover off and look down towards the bottom rear area of the engine, there is three gears make sure that none of them are broke.

speedracer

#3 Post by speedracer »

Puking oil could be your scavange pump has a problem or like haulinit said a broken gear.The stalling could be caused by afew things.Are your quick connects gutted,is your idle set high enough,loose connection somewhere,maybe you need to recal your throttle.