Auto Clutch?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
promod

#21 Post by promod »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Jun 2 2011, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My opinion is that unless you are a A class racer running for $ the autoclutch will be much more trouble than it is worth. Stock only thing you need our stock clutch for is the starts anyway.

Not running for $ anymore!, but for my age can still hold my own in the woods...on TWO WHEELS! And yes, i know the C'dale clutch is almost bullet proof and not really needed when shifting, but if we were looking to do things that would not be more trouble than there worth..would we still be riding/racing/repairing and modifying C'Dales? Plus i already own several Rekluse's and Revloc's, some still in the boxes, so why not play with them!

cannondale27

#22 Post by cannondale27 »

If I had one no doubt it would be in there till it broke or wore out a set of plates. Just would not invest in one thinking it was going to solve more problems than it creates. Then again its same with a host of mods. I do envy the guys with them in and the ease they have with never having to find that fine line between slipping the clutch and stalling in really tight slow going obstacles such as Rock wall we had to climb at race a few weekends back. Starts if mine start decent the power is there for almost a guaranteed holeshot if nerves hold true laugh.gif

bigfoot17

#23 Post by bigfoot17 »

I might have the itch for a Rekluse or Revloc, not sure of the difference. Looking for an automatic clutch. Anyone have one laying around?

funmachines

#24 Post by funmachines »

I still like mine. They work well once set up properly with a hydro clutch but you will likely have it apart 3-4 times before you have it adjusted exactly how you want it for engagement rpm and firmness. I also have one on my gasgas 300 and like for that too. The best thing about them for me is the left hand rear brake.
It is so much easier to modulate with your hand than a boot. I ride trails and rocky single track - I don't think they would be much benefit for MX or high speed desert.

I had not read this thread in years and see promod had some questions a while back about set up with a cable clutch. If you are still looking for that info I'm sure I still have the pushrod I made and can take a picture and a measurement. Let me know - sorry for not checking back.

promod

#25 Post by promod »

QUOTE (funmachines @ Sep 9 2015, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still like mine. They work well once set up properly with a hydro clutch but you will likely have it apart 3-4 times before you have it adjusted exactly how you want it for engagement rpm and firmness. I also have one on my gasgas 300 and like for that too. The best thing about them for me is the left hand rear brake.
It is so much easier to modulate with your hand than a boot. I ride trails and rocky single track - I don't think they would be much benefit for MX or high speed desert.

I had not read this thread in years and see promod had some questions a while back about set up with a cable clutch. If you are still looking for that info I'm sure I still have the pushrod I made and can take a picture and a measurement. Let me know - sorry for not checking back.

Yes, still interested in buying or any information on that special cable clutch pushrod you made for the rekluse auto and any help would be appreciated!.....Thanx!

Jeff

#26 Post by Jeff »

http://efmautoclutch.com/

This guy will build you a auto clutch for 700 bucks

MotoLabRacing

#27 Post by MotoLabRacing »

Revive time! I'd love to find a Rekluse for my XC Dale. Lots of racing planned for 2019. If anyone had a auto clutch laying around please message me or comment. I'd love to purchase one!!