new speed440 trans. broke

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
sledheaded

new speed440 trans. broke

#1 Post by sledheaded »

Help my 03' speed440 is 3hours old and the trans is lock in first gear what happened.

haydug

#2 Post by haydug »

It could be a couple of things. Drop the motor and send it to me, I'll get it back out in 2 weeks. I also have some spare tranny's so if something is seriously wrong, won't be a problem. My guess, is a bolt backed out and has the shift mech. locked up. That would be a good thing, tear it apart and stage 8 it and put it back together.

sledheaded

#3 Post by sledheaded »

Is the bolt that you think fell out one thats involved in the stage8 kit? Also the dealer I bought it from said they were a offical 'dale dealer and they'd stand behind the machine so I am going to try to see if they'll stick to there promises. Otherwise I'm sol since I just financied this thing leaving myself broke to have anyone repair it for me.Thanks for the help so far.

OCR

#4 Post by OCR »

Sledheaded... We ride in Middletown every weekend... Give me a pm when you are gonna be out again.

Where did you get the dale from?

sledheaded

second thought

#5 Post by sledheaded »

Do you have a red cannondale I passed one last weekend sat. on my ex in the woops by o&r, I just tought of that as I sent the last pm.

OCR

#6 Post by OCR »

Yup, that was us.

OCMANJOE

#7 Post by OCMANJOE »

yeah that was us I was on the banshee. I just saw you today too man you were with a blaster. I Had just gotten back from a riding trip.

sledheaded

#8 Post by sledheaded »

Yeah we were out today the blasters my cousin's, you probably hered the dale screaming since it only had first theres really no way to baby it home. If you need a dale t&c got one moto(the bada$$) left cheap I'll be there tues with mine given them the sob story.

OCMANJOE

#9 Post by OCMANJOE »

nah, im done with the whole dale hype. Im building my shee. Also I hear bad things about t and c