Is Atk Selling Used Parts?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
iceracer17

Is Atk Selling Used Parts?

#1 Post by iceracer17 »

I ordered scavenge pump gears wide and thin.The thin set you can tell has been in an engine,a groove all the way around the face of it.This looks worse than the one that was in my engine.The thick gear set has a stripe all the way around the outside of the outer gear.I don't know if it will effect the pumping action.Just curious if anyone else has had this happen?I'm just wondering if they're stripping engines for parts?

Cannibal440

#2 Post by Cannibal440 »

I hope not. It would not be cool if they were doing something that dishonest.

Big Winky

#3 Post by Big Winky »

the first thing you must do if you're using these gears is to make absoltuly sure that the gears are turning freely when installed. if there are scratches in the block housing...polish them out! same for the gear set themselvles, if there is any drag/hanging up, keep polishing. The scratches are caused by forgien matter going through the pump and if they are severe enough will stop the pump and shear the plastic drive gears. The pumps MUST turn freely with your fingers! or don't use them. and don't forget to use assembly lube when installing.

iceracer17

gears

#4 Post by iceracer17 »

If these are what they're shipping I should sell the 2 used sets that I have.I think i'll be giving them a call next week to see what's up.

Frank White

#5 Post by Frank White »

We sell new and used parts at ATK. Our Spare Parts department however always asks if you care if it is new or used. If you indicate a used one is acceptable we ship a used one out at 50% off.

I have not heard of ATK selling used parts unless it is disclosed to the buyer beforehand.

If this is the case let me know directly.

We have 480 Tons of Parts and I would imagine there maybe 20 Tons of good used parts that are sold at a discount.

Thanks

Frank White

iceracer17

#6 Post by iceracer17 »

Thanks for the help Frank.It's nice to know you have a some used parts.I will be checking on that with some not so critical parts.

Sandstorm

#7 Post by Sandstorm »

I bought a nice used valve cover half off. Christmas is coming and I couldn't afford the 300+ dollar aluminum one..