exhaust

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
dean foster

exhaust

#1 Post by dean foster »

I need a full exhaust system for my cannondale, we just got the engine back from south bay and need a exhaust to get it back togeather. any on e know where to get one for under 450$
I need it asap so I can get this beast going again. :head:

candyassmiler

#2 Post by candyassmiler »

you can get an hmf from my dealer for a pretty good price....under 450 im pretty sure

cannibalq8

#3 Post by cannibalq8 »

HMF all the way!!!! i used with my southbay450 ... its run like animal!!!!...PULLS HARD!!

dont forget to re-calibrate it when u install the the system

r u drag racing or mx racing ??.. u should play with the gearing now... u have more TORQE NOW !!!

haydug

#4 Post by haydug »

shoot me a pm, can get you a new HMF delivered no problem.

thomez

#5 Post by thomez »

I've heard quite a few people say they are disappointed in the HMF compared to say Trinity or the TC. Haydug have you tried all 3?

dean foster

#6 Post by dean foster »

well Ive also heard that tc have been falling apart, and with hmfs' factory warrenty I don't know if I can beat that. One thing is for sure though, When I put a biggun slip on on my 03 Le with a stage 1 it made a big difference in power and sound the first ride. But after the ride I was dissapointed when I saw how mutch packing it blew out. I heard a hmf this weekend on a cade in cooperland this past weekend and it sounded pretty sweet.
Thanks for all the replies and help.
Haydug, let me know about that slip on silencer that will work.

dean foster

#7 Post by dean foster »

we'll mostly be drag racing it on flat groung in sand. We also decided to get the higher compression piston. I did'nt think you had to recalibrate as long as it das the southbay mapping in it. I don't plan on messing with the gearing, but depending on how it runs we might have to. Tell me if this sounds like a pretty good set up:
03 canibal le
sb stage 4 kit (450, high compression piston)
110 octane race gas
21 inch sand skate IIs rear and mowhawk fronts
full or slip om hmf exhaust
some custom diomond plate alum. accesories
stock (cannibal) gearing (if you dissagree with this let me know what you think I should do and where to get the gears)

ps: its for my 46 year old dad that thinks he can take me:p
keep in touch.

Derno24

#8 Post by Derno24 »

I have had an HMF for over a year and a half and have had no problem's with it performance wise. I just had to overhaul it new packing and new cover. The cover I had the powdercoating was chipping. I was told that it was because they used a different powdercoater than they are using now. That was the only problem I had with mine.

cannibalq8

#9 Post by cannibalq8 »

try 14/42 first .. if u dont like it try 15/42... there is many drag racers used 15/40 and 15/38 and its still pulls hard..

did u install the new fifth gear set?

jfarrar

#10 Post by jfarrar »

dean i to have the southbay stage 4 motor.i have ran my hmf full exhaust with the southbay map and was somewhat dissappointed.decent power but not overly impressed.i tried several other maps and still no luck.so i switched back to my tc and put one of nacs maps in same as luburgh ran and look out.it felt like the power doubled.it brought this motor to life and for drag i think it will work even better.when my motor was stock i ran the hmf also.thats when i originally tried the tc and again it was no comparison.i hate to knock hmf cus they used my bike to make the fullsystem but the tc pipe is much better and i would hate to see you get dissapointed.the tc can has never failed me or came apart.it does mount in a funny way but the design is a big factor in that.the hmf is riveted and dont hold up well to the vibration.just my 2cents