Full vs. Slip on

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
exrider

Full vs. Slip on

#1 Post by exrider »

Im looking to get a HMF exhuast for my cannibal... does anyone know the differences between the full and slip on with power and what not...and how is the stock header on the cannondale ?

CdaleRacer0128

#2 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

if you have the square exhaust you have to get the fullsystem, no slip on is made for them, if you have the round ( old style) muffler then you can get the slip on and probably excell from the same performance inhancements, may i reccomend the TC pipe if you are doing any riding that is closed course and sound is not an issue, they are awesome! :cool:

thomez

#3 Post by thomez »

Farrar and I will have a slip on for the 03 header in 2 weeks or less. Be patient and you won't have to get a full system. We'll have pics in less than a week and while I'm home we will be doing testing R&D type things. We'll keep you posted.

LapTraffic

#4 Post by LapTraffic »

That would be pretty cool. Im not an engineer but I didnt see a whole lot of difference between the stock header and the HMF header except for the connection point to the silencer. I didnt see why they couldnt have adapted the silencer to simply fit the stock headpipe.

KYmxracer52

#5 Post by KYmxracer52 »

Do you guys think that Tom @ TC could take our pipes and cut the connection at the beginning of the megaphone and adapt it to fit the 03 headpipes? The reason for this is the 03 pipes give more clearance for the oil line that runs in the back of the motor.

thomez

#6 Post by thomez »

I'm sure that he could do that. Farrar could probly handle it for you as well. I'm not sure but my initial guess is that the 03 header would be better performing as well, with the isolated exhausts longer. Probably better top end if nothing else.

KYmxracer52

#7 Post by KYmxracer52 »

I hope to get mine converted to the 03 headpipe. If no more performance, at least I won't have to worry about burnt oil lines anymore.

trx250r2nv

#8 Post by trx250r2nv »

Originally posted by thomez
Farrar and I will have a slip on for the 03 header in 2 weeks or less. Be patient and you won't have to get a full system. We'll have pics in less than a week and while I'm home we will be doing testing R&D type things. We'll keep you posted.

Hey Thomez,
What brand of slip on will they be I am in the market for a slip on and would be interested in one of those. Please keep me in mind once you post them.

Thanks,
Jeremy:usa