exhaust

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
thomez

#21 Post by thomez »

Full systems are all going to be $450 plus I believe. You can get a HMF, Big Gun, FMF... can't think of any others off hand. Wileyco made something? Trinity makes one that is stainless and I think it is over $500...

TC does not make a full sytem, only the slip on, and only for the 02 header with the oil line issues as mentioned.

You could try and find a used FMF Ti4 system, but usually they are banged because they can and will hit the bottom on the brake caliper I believe.

Sometimes you'll find used HMF systems for sale in the forums, maybe that is your best bet if you have to have a full system and cost is a factor.

Here is an FMF (2 actually) for sale.

FMF

KYmxracer52

Thomez

#22 Post by KYmxracer52 »

Are you guys going to modify the TC pipes or are you making your own? If it won't hurt performance, I'm going to have mine modded to fit the 03 header. Shirley@ Nac's told me last year that the Wileyco didn't help the power at alll. Actually, she said only their GNCC riders used them b/c they "detuned" the motors. So that's when I went with the TC. I love it. Mine does hit the brake caliper sometimes when I bottom hard. It hits the black megaphone part. Just kinda like a 'side-swipe' hit.

fx25

#23 Post by fx25 »

At the sat. non race the red one was mine,RetroZ was on the stars and stripes LE.If you have some pics from sat. I would like to check them out,that track was awesome to bad they only let quads race once a year. I've been running my hmf since mid 2001 and have had no problems with heat but it is close,thats with the early headpipe off of the fmf can. Some of the Mo. racers are drilling out the rivets and cutting about three inches off the end and riveting them back together. I am going to do this over the winter mostly to others front bumper outta there. Let me know if you take that 450 to little sahara would like to see how those run.

thomez

Re: Thomez

#24 Post by thomez »

Originally posted by KYmxracer52
Are you guys going to modify the TC pipes or are you making your own?  If it won't hurt performance, I'm going to have mine modded to fit the 03 header.  Shirley@ Nac's told me last year that the Wileyco didn't help the power at alll.  Actually, she said only their GNCC riders used them b/c they "detuned" the motors.  So that's when I went with the TC.  I love it.  Mine does hit the brake caliper sometimes when I bottom hard.  It hits the black megaphone part.  Just kinda like a 'side-swipe' hit.

We are making our own to fit the 03 header. As soon as the pics are developed I'll post 'em. Identical system with end cap options - we will be making for both the 02 and 03 header. Should perform exactly the same or maybe better with our endcap.

Modding it to fit the 03 header shouldn't be too bad... the 03 header just doesn't need the bend the 02 has. Farrar and I have both headers and we looked everything over while I was home. Let me know if you need help modding that megaphone part to fit, we can handle it I'm sure.

KYmxracer52

#25 Post by KYmxracer52 »

I'm going to try to get ahold of Tom Carlson and see if cutting the bend out of the pipe to fit the 03 header will hurt performance. If not, then I may let you guys work on it. Where at in Ohio do you guys live? I have family in Cinnncinati. How far from there? What kind of welder do you use on this? MIG?

thomez

#26 Post by thomez »

We are in Northeast Ohio.. probly 4 hours from Cincy - we could also just sell you a new megaphone and you could put it all together yourself. I'll let Jason answer the welding question, that is his territory.

dean foster

#27 Post by dean foster »

just thought you would be interested in knowing that I cut off the bend to make a big gun slip on work to fit the 03 header on my dale and as far as I could tell there was no problem (except for the packing blowing out). it made a world of difference in comparison to a stock gutted bread box system.

I also have just a brand new 14 inch fmf canister I'm trying to sell, or if I can get a mid pipe at a reasonable price I would just go with that. But I can't find one at all, but before I get too far ahead of myself would I need a head pipe too or just the mid pipe to make it work?

I do plan on going to little sahara as soon as I can get this 450 togeather and get it broke in. By the way would you be interested in buying a brand new set of paddles?

i'll probably just stick with a hmf, any word on selling me yours jfarrar? get back to me asap

KYmxracer52

#28 Post by KYmxracer52 »

So you guys are making a new style megaphone to fit the TC canister?

thomez

#29 Post by thomez »

We are making the same style megaphone to fit the same canister. The megaphone will be slightly thicker gauge steel with cleaner welds. If you want more detailed info shoot me a PM. We've been researching and looking at this stuff for over a month now.