won't rev., please help

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
k-dog

won't rev., please help

#1 Post by k-dog »

I have an '02 Blaze that runs rough and cuts off when I try to rev it up. It cranks fine and was running good but then, while ridding it, it started cutting out when I tried to rev it up. It acts like it is not getting enough fuel.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thomez

#2 Post by thomez »

I think I have heard of this when a gasket was leaking around the throttle body maybe? I'd check that... and the rest of the great suggestions that are sure to come biggrin.gif

dalewannbe

#3 Post by dalewannbe »

check your battery connections, make sure they are good and tight and also clean.

EuroGOD

#4 Post by EuroGOD »

GOT GAS?
I'd be checking a few things here...
Fuel filter (just replace it!)
Quick connect o-rings (check for cracks/splits. Grease lightly)
Fuel pick-up line (inside tank. Can get twisted in a crash)
Fuel lines (some were prone to "pinholing")

Just remember that anytime you are playing around the fuel pump that one careless short can fry the ECU....be warned! Oh, and fit a boot on the uncovered pump terminal if it isn't already fitted.

Good luck with these tips and get back to us.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Dude My quad did the same thing while I was driving along and hit the gas it just died and rolled almost to a stop and backfired and kept running. My fuel filter was ok but the pickup screen in the tank was plugged completely with the nastiest brown goo. It would idle perfectly and go slow but reving it up made it die. Its easy to get the strainer out ,it just unscrews. Hope this helps.

Jaybr

#6 Post by Jaybr »

Mine did this on our last Hatfield trip, it would start and idle then soon as I hit the throttle it would die. After an hour of Haydug and Nrath:w: going through the entire fuel system and all electical connections they finally got out of my way and let me change the plug which fixed the problem.

k-dog

#7 Post by k-dog »

Thanks guys. Of course, I want to check the easier, most obvious things first. Looks like I have a little homework to do this week end.