System Status LED's

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Lightman02

System Status LED's

#1 Post by Lightman02 »

I've seen that optimum sells the kit with the LED lights for MAP and system status led's for the handle bars. Has anyone tried to do this themselves, anyone have the pinout for the connector? I like the optimum stuff, but they so overcharge for everything, I feel like i'm getting ripped off if I were to buy it. Besides I rather cusomize stuff myself. Also I was woindering if anyone has put any electrical add ons to their bikes such as lights or an actual brake light?

Thanks

02Cannibal

#2 Post by 02Cannibal »

I tried to wire up the status lights, but could not get them to work correctly. The pins on the accessory connector are as follows:

Pin 5 - Sys ON
Pin 6 - Sensor Fail
Pin 7 - Temp
Pin 2 - Ground

There is voltage present on each pin (5 or 12 volts - I can't remember), but I couldn't get info out of Optimum on how the system works or how to hook it up. The power LED was the only one that would light, but I never saw it blink to indicate low voltage. I didn't know how to trigger a fault in the ECU to test out the Temp and sensor fail. I'll probably take another look at it in the spring.

Let me know if you get any farther with it.

Lightman02

#3 Post by Lightman02 »

Did you ever try unpluging a sensor to see if it reads a fault?

EuroGOD

Re: System Status LED's

#4 Post by EuroGOD »

Originally posted by Lightman02
Also I was woindering if anyone has put any electrical add ons to their bikes such as lights or an actual brake light?

Yup. I've fitted both motorcycles and quads with fully legal light set-ups.
Rather simple, just need a new fuse or 2...