HELP!!! pumping oil out airbox vent

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Bags

#11 Post by Bags »

Well....Bad news...Pulled off the side cover and the little plastic gears for the scavange pump broke. It seems a small piece of metal has found its way into the pump and locked it up. So the engine was just flling up with oil and not pumping it back into the frame. I believe the metal came from when the cam cap broke a while ago and the piece was stuck in the frame until the other day. Jim has next dayed me the parts to fix it and hopefully we will get it going again before the race tonight. Jim has helped me out a lot and I do thank him.:clap:

Frank

Ryanstones

this is gonna be worth it bags

#12 Post by Ryanstones »

Once you get her right, you'll be so happy. Hang in there.

great support Winky.

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes way to hang in there.I knew you could count on Winky.Some things just cant be accounted for.This was one of them.Dont really know how you could have prevented this.At least you know what it is now.

Big Winky

#14 Post by Big Winky »

You're more than welcome Bags. I'm glad we were able to catch the problem before it did some real damage. Take note of this issue if you're doing any repair work on your motors guys.... if there has been previous damage done to your motor ..ALWAYS clean the frame tubes out (both of them) they are your oil tanks and will hold any debris and pump it right back into your motor where it will have a field day wrecking all your new parts. Use something that will cut the oil/grease easily, paint thinner, power washer, anything so you can verify that the frame is as clean as possible inside. If using something that can catch fire be very, very, careful and do it outside. Remember... dirt/grime inside your motor will only shorten it's life, and I for one am convinced that C-dales can live long, high performance lifes when you keep their engines as clean as possible inside. And don't forget the oil lines also!