85%

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
LapTraffic

85%

#1 Post by LapTraffic »

A funny thing happened before the hangover harescramble and I forgot to put it in the story.

The night before the race, New Year's eve. I had just gotten done talking to Jeff about his setup and he highly recommended the Blaze MAP. I called my local Cannondale Guru Jason. Jason is a tech at Tacoma Motorsports here in washington that does work out of his house. Anyone that lives in this area and rides a Cannondale that does not have Jason's number programmed in their speed dial, let me know. This guy is awesome and an unbelievable resource. To top it off, he's a **** nice guy.

So I call him on my way home from work, even though it was New Year's Eve he said he had no problem loading the MAP and checking the bike out. I got to his house at 5:30 and we got to work.

Now most of you know that I got the Champion 450 in my bike since I cracked the sleeve at the dunes. I havent done a write up on the engine because I havent got the bike running very strong in the short time Ive had it back. I talked to Scott, I knew it wasnt motor related because it had been noticably weak before it blew. We went over everything and found that I hadnt put crush washers between the headpipe and the case when I installed the motor. He rushed me out a pair. It cut down on the engine noise but didnt get me the power I was looking for. It pulled like a raped ape out of the hole and then just went flat on power. No other noticable issues, no funny noise, no nothing. It would just top out and quit accelerating.

This was a major bummer because my wife (Sabe) was routinely kicking my *** on her 450. IT was very close out of the hole, in fact I had more power than I could control out of the hole, then she would walk on me. Of course this gave her a great deal of satisfaction and she regularly reminds me about how much faster she is than me.

I can eat crow, and roost and sh!t just fine, but it was bugging me because I knew my bike wasnt running it's best.

So back to Jason's house. We put the Blaze MAP on, he was going through and calibrating everything.

"Jason, can you show me how to calibrate the throttle? I've never seen it done before"

"Sure, I've never really seen them off by much, it's not one of those things that drift around... here we go... WOW!"

85%!!

We got the throttle adjusted back 100% and let me just say one thing.

"I want a rematch!" smile.gif This thing freakin RIPS!

dawzie

#2 Post by dawzie »

amazing isn't it !! When I traded our old EX for our 2nd Dale the guy said he wasn't very happy with the power from it. I didn't think nothing of it. When I got it home and tore it all apart I found the throttle didnt open all the way. I bet it was close to 85%. I wonder if he would have wanted to trade if he knew that was the problem ??

bknight

#3 Post by bknight »

good news lap
iwas looking for the web page for champion
do you have a link did a search and came up with 5 pages

CdaleRacer0128

#4 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

haydug

#5 Post by haydug »

Hey Lap, you need to have Jay email you the blaze/speed map with blaze fuel/110.
I raced a yzf with my 450 beating him 3 for 3 with a stock blaze map. Now I have loaded this map and :wow what a difference. Also, have you richened your flow rate any??

candyassmiler

#6 Post by candyassmiler »

i was wondering, how would the blaze/speed work on a stock cannibal? i have the stock exhaust as well. I have the blaze map and i like it. How would this compare?

Jaybr

#7 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by candyassmiler
i was wondering, how would the blaze/speed work on a stock cannibal?  i have the stock exhaust as well.  I have the blaze map and i like it.  How would this compare?

The Blaze map should be running rich with stock Cannibal exhaust, Blaze/Speed should run better, but I would still think it would be rich on the bottom end. This map is Blaze on the bottom end and Speed topend. You would want the standard Blaze/Speed though, not my version

candyassmiler

#8 Post by candyassmiler »

what would you suggest? i ride tight, hilly woods. no racing.

Jaybr

#9 Post by Jaybr »

The only maps built for stock exhaust are Cannibal and Speed based maps. These two are the same map w/ different rev limits.

I can send you a couple Cannibal traction maps that I got from Optimum to try out, but the best map for your type of riding is probably the Blaze. I'm surprised that your quad is running ok with that map and stock exhaust.

candyassmiler

#10 Post by candyassmiler »

in truth, it ran like poop with the stock map. wouldnt idle and such. could have been something dumb causing that, but after the remap, it runs like a scalded dog. idles perfect and starts up much more easily. i dont know???