I Made A Boo-boo!!!!!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
bouncerdude

I Made A Boo-boo!!!!!

#1 Post by bouncerdude »

i had my motor out of my cannibal a few weaks ago, and apparently i had a long day because i stripped out one of the threaded holes for the left engine cover. and on top of that i didnt see that i had some crap in the threads of the transmission plug, so it wont budge in or out. i got so pissed that i let it sit in my garage for the past few weaks untill i got my patience back. i could really use some ideas on how to fix these, especially the trans plug because im kinda screwed if i cant get my filter in and out or my oil changed. i would really appreciate some help. thanks.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

The sidecover bolt just install a Helicoil of same size.Any auto store will have these.If the head on plug is still good use a propane torch to heat it up good and hot then use a six point socket or wrench.If head is shot already heat and try a vicegrip or cut a slot in it and use a big screwdriver with a wrench on shaft.

haydug

#3 Post by haydug »

Those sound like great ideas to me, almost like a "speaking from experience" kinda guy. biggrin.gif

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Yea some guys overdue it a bit.Neverseize really helps also.

bouncerdude

#5 Post by bouncerdude »

if there is any transmission oil in the engine do you think it will catch on fire or anything? i dont want to make a bigger mess than i have to.

dawzie

#6 Post by dawzie »

lay the motor on its side - propane tourch is the key word. Also, those side cover bolts/screws, there are short and long ones, get'em in the right spots.

bknight

#7 Post by bknight »

i tryed this one it work for me
1. SYMPTOMS: Transmission plug is tight and will not come off
2. PROBLEM: the thing is just not made right, It needs a better plug
3. FIX: Us a large punch and hammer. Hit the center of the plug hard one or two times and it will spin off easy. The best time to do this is before you ruin the hex head on the plug.

aroracer72

#8 Post by aroracer72 »

some people arnt shure what a punch is...or dont have one, for any 1 who doesnt know, its a screwdriver...but its very cool...you put the screwdriver tip in the head..and what it allows you to do is hit the back of it with a hammer....and when you hit it...it turns the screwdriver head..and breaks it loose....these work EXTREMELY well....and youd like to try this before heating.....or drilling, etc. Very cool gadget.

dawzie

#9 Post by dawzie »

also known as a impact screwdriver - :hammer:

aroracer72

#10 Post by aroracer72 »

yes...thats the name....i was trying to think of it.:hammer: