ace racing airbox

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
haydug

#11 Post by haydug »

I have an airbox with that setup. It does make a small difference, but not enough to justify a 6 hp gain. I also think that with Maz doing the r&d on this, that instead of stealing his idea, we should just get his product. I am however having trouble getting an airbox from Maz. I spoke to him directly but still have not seen one. :confused:

I believe his is willing to sell just the airhorn and you can modify it yourself, but you will have to speak to him directly about this.

CANNIBALKID

#12 Post by CANNIBALKID »

get in touch with maz.. wont give you pics, but he has what you need.

josborn

#13 Post by josborn »

Just curious, I'd never seen this part before. Didn't know it existed, why don't quads have them?. Still wouldn't mind seeing what it looked like. Stealing is not my intent, if so, then I would have posted: "hey someone post a pic of what the maz air box looks like"

Derno24

#14 Post by Derno24 »

I don't mind paying for the upgrade at all Maz is a great guy to deal with, but wasn't it only 2 horses for the box and 6 for the box and map?

out4ya

Air Box

#15 Post by out4ya »

I have a brand new one with the setup if anyone is having trouble getting one.

Derno24

#16 Post by Derno24 »

I pm'd you

josborn

#17 Post by josborn »

I just checked out the bike "funnel" aka the velocity stack. I thought we were talking about something very different. That looks the same only shorter. Even in the atk prices they list it as short velocity stack for $11.80. Whats the big deal with that.

Derno, I didn't get the pm.

Derno24

#18 Post by Derno24 »

I pm'd out4ya sorry about the confusion.

DMAC10

Modified Airbox.

#19 Post by DMAC10 »

O.K. This new airbox, How much is it , and do you have to run a special mapping, I'm looking for a little more power for then MX nationals. Anyone , please shout me aan anser or a P.m. with any comments.
A couple of the guys that are in my class have some modified quads, and in the straight aways they are killing me. So a little more help is needed. Can't afford the 45o kit from Haydoug right now. Hopefully in the future though.

haydug

#20 Post by haydug »

It is my understanding that the bike "airhorn" does help on top end. I have it on one of my bikes, with a little difference but not much. Maz has done alot of testing with the maps, which I believe is where he is getting most of his power. I currently run a blaze/speed map with richer fuel setting with great results. As for straightaway, you shouldn't be getting pulled.