Tank O rings

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
LapTraffic

Tank O rings

#1 Post by LapTraffic »

I am still on the stock O ring that came in the quick connects on the tank. I have changed the rings on the hoses at least 5 times each.

What is the process for changing the ones in the connector on the tank?

I dont want to mess anything up.

Thanks

Jennys440dale

#2 Post by Jennys440dale »

I think you will have to buy a new female connector. We had the same problem. I just ordered one from Haydug. Took awhile to get here though. I think Haydug was having problems getting the connector from ATK.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

I just pulled the little white thing out.The o-ring is what holds it in.That was the steel old style connector.I tried it on the new style Aluminum ones with the barb on the end and I wasnt able to get it out.Sorry.

LapTraffic

#4 Post by LapTraffic »

So do I need to do anyhting to this fitting? It's not leaking, my concern is that it might be cutting down on the fuel supply.

I am gonna reseat the fitting in the tank and seal it with yellow teflon.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats what I would do.One of our customers insisted on running race gas which will swell them bad.So we ended up just taking a drill and busting everything out of both the male and female ends.The drawback to this is when you disconnect the fitting nothing stops gas from pouring out.And I also wasnt comfortable with the loss of tension from the white plungers but he didnt have any problems and he was warned.
I was working on new connectors used for Outboard motors check it out.Never finished the project.

http://cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showthread...&highlight=fuel

LapTraffic

#6 Post by LapTraffic »

They had to assemble the female coneector can it not be taken apart? I havent removed mine yet so I honestly dont know.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

It looks to me like they pressed the barbed fitting in there after they put the internal parts in.I think it would ruin the fitting if you tried pull that barb out.Keep in mind this is only the female new fittings.The aluminum ones that are both located at front of tank.
The old chrome ones I know the plungers pull right out.

LapTraffic

#8 Post by LapTraffic »

I have the new ones.

If the fitting isnt leaking do I need to worry about anything? Im concerned about fuel delivery being restricted by a swollen o ring

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

If you havent had any trouble with your quad as far as it running fine just keep running same gas as you have in past and you will be fine.The swelling problem happens pretty quickly if you put gas in that swells them.It also goes away if you remove the offending gas.They will shrink right back down.I ran Turbo Blue and didnt have any trouble.When I put VP I had a problem.A good way of checking is to look into your tank with cap off and less than half a tank.Start it up you will see a really healthy stream of gas going back in tank at idle.That is the return line it is all the unused gas being put back in tank.If you dont have that strong stream odds are your o-rings are swelled.

Swampdale

#10 Post by Swampdale »

What about regular pump gas (93 Oct). Any trends with brands containing additives such as MTBE or Menthanol? I'm currently having problem with brand new Quad. Loss of power under hard acceleration. Took fittings out tonight. Female fittings seem to have no restriction. Tested by depressing spring loaded valve and pouring fluid through it. Male fittings are questionable. Went to CPC's web-site. This fittings are apparently medical grade quick disconnencts standard with BUNA elastomers (o-rings) Buna is not satisfactory for Gasoline. Has anybody tried the marine fitting route? Would like to get my quad running tomorrow. I've been building and updating for a month now. I'm anxious to see what this Diamond Racing 450 power plant will do! First race is Jan 31st and I still have no seat time on a C-dale yet.