ECU Reprogramming

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Swampdale

ECU Reprogramming

#1 Post by Swampdale »

Can anyone inform me what the lastest ECU code is for an 03 ATV? I'm troubleshooting a crappy running engine and would like reprogram with the most current file. I've heard mention of a cold weather updated code????

Swampdale

#2 Post by Swampdale »

Come on, some of you guys are complaining about not hearing from some of us newbies. Well here's your chance to get a few posts and help out a fellow daler.

thomez

#3 Post by thomez »

Hey Tony,

Had to send you a public thanks for taking me riding yesterday! It was super-cool of you and I apprecciate it very much!

We'll get that thing going for sure. I've been reading some ideas today.

I told you I'd send you this link on the EFI stuff. Here it is.

I think you should already have the latest Hex code, I can check the Dyno cal sheets if you want me to make sure.

Guys, this guy had never met me before yesterday - picked me up from school since I have no car and took me with him outside town to ride - we worked with his Cannon for a while trying to get it tuned in - then he let me take the wife's Rancher for a ride around - had never met him before! This is one super guy :clap:

Thanks again! biggrin.gif

Swampdale

#4 Post by Swampdale »

Thanks Zack. You saved me a couple of days of trial an error. Thats vital to a busy person. I felt like a real racer with my own personal mechanic.

Your welcome anytime.

I'm hoping to get some feed back on some electrical issues. I'm going to check the stator wires. Big Winky mentioned something about the coil. I also want to double check the ECU code. I bought a new battery today, slightly larger 180 CCA, but should fit.

Jaybr

#5 Post by Jaybr »

Should be running h302v04k.HEX

The last I got from Optimum was that they where having problems on some quads with a newer code 4m, and the K code should be used.

Swampdale

#6 Post by Swampdale »

I think I'm running the rev 204 4k hex code now. Should I still change to the code you previously stated?

Jaybr

#7 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by swampzee
I think I'm running the rev 204 4k hex code now. Should I still change to the code you previously stated?

Your probably running the same one I posted, Optimum has a pretty good naming standard.

302 is for quad, v04 is the version and K the revision, I don't think they had any other 04K's

Swampdale

#8 Post by Swampdale »

I just checked. I'm definitely running 204 4K??? What is 204??Should I install the 302 4K

Jaybr

#9 Post by Jaybr »

I hate to put you off on this one, but I haven't talked to Optimum in awhile and I'm not sure what the 204 k is. You should call Scooter at Optimum tomorrow and ask, I may send him an email just because you got me curious.

Swampdale

#10 Post by Swampdale »

Not a problem. Can't run it tonight anyway. The wife will lock me out of the house and it's chilly outside. Thanks for the help. I'll keep you posted on my progress.