Not starting.

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Birddog5150

#11 Post by Birddog5150 »

Bike does fine now if you first do 4 quick stab with 5 second between each touch of the starter. Starts right up.smile.gif Love the blaze map.

Birddog5150

#12 Post by Birddog5150 »

Lowered idle last night and bike does perfect! Back to normal. Starts on first crank, dont have to do four quick touches on starter anymore. What a weight off my chest. Thanks for everybodies imput, what a great place this is.smile.gif

Birddog5150

#13 Post by Birddog5150 »

Tried to start last night bike back not starting.:confused:
I am getting so irrate. Trying to get local dealer to fix, waiting to see when they can do it.sad.gif

Knight440

#14 Post by Knight440 »

Check the plug see if it's fouled I know that wasn't orignal problem but it seemed like you had that fixed and maybe sence it's been so cold in the last few days maybe you didn't do the cold starting prosseger (sp) correct.......rolleyes.gif it's worth a shot

Birddog5150

#15 Post by Birddog5150 »

Thanks, knight, will do.

cannondale27

Not starting

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

When you say not starting do you mean it turns over but doesnt start?One important thing is you cant just start it and shut it off to hear it run this will eventually foul the plug.They like to be warmed up properly and then given a good run.The throttle calibration is also real important tends to be off after breakin period.

Birddog5150

#17 Post by Birddog5150 »

I am taking all this in. Working on getting some help this weekend.I am going to change plug and hopefully get it straightened out this weekend.

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

The cannondale fuel system runs using the map which tells the computer how much fuel,timing to put out at a certain rpm and throttle position and how fast to make the changes.Altitude and temperature are built into operating program along with other factors the computer assumes all things are in perfect order and has no way of compensating if it isnt.(open loop)So if you are at wide open throttle and the computer thinks you are at half throttle it will only give the fuel and timing that is in the map for half throttle the throttle calibration sets this(puts the computer and throttle in sync)the voltages are what the computer reads from the throttle position sensor.
When a oxygen sensor is used a set fuel ratio is in the map 14.7/1 usually if that changes the computer will compensate to try to get it back to that ratio(closed loop)all cars have this we dont that is why every thing has to work and be in sync.

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

First question:It was an extreme example but could happen if throttle pos sensor was bad,bad wire or someone who didnt calibrate right.
Two:Idle screw out is important because the map in the comp starts with settings that assume throttle is closed.I even push on wheel to make sure it is closed.
Three:Calibration is set using the dealer cal or D&M kit you can get from cannondale.

Birddog5150

#20 Post by Birddog5150 »

Well took the bike to Kyle at r&s performance, he re hexed ecu and remapped and reset everthing. Bike runs great, starts great..
Kyle has a great operation, has tons of parts and aftermarket goodies in stock. Also has alot of quads in stock.Thanks again Kyle.