spark plugs

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
4punksdad

spark plugs

#1 Post by 4punksdad »

I recently ordered a couple of plugs for the c-dale from my local shop. My wife picked them up for me on her way home and they gave her the wrong plugs. What I am wondering is, has anyone else used this plug, and will it work ok or not?

I ordered NGK CR9EK, and was sold NGK CR9E, which looks like the same plug but it only has one tab on the bottom as opposed to two.

thomez

#2 Post by thomez »

This does not in any way answer your question, but I figured you or someone else would like to know. NREL has the spark plugs for 5 bucks opposed to the normal 9 or 10.

I'll let someone answer your question now smile.gif

Jaybr

#3 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by thomez
This does not in any way answer your question, but I figured you or someone else would like to know. NREL has the spark plugs for 5 bucks opposed to the normal 9 or 10.

I'll let someone answer your question now smile.gif

Thomez, they do have them for $5, but they require a minimum order of $100.

If you need anything else from them it's a great deal, just don't plan on calling them and order a couple plugs.

thomez

#4 Post by thomez »

Oh.... :eek:

Thanks for the info. I hadn't ordered anything just looked at the pricing list.... you could always buy a set of Ohlins to get your spark plugs and probably make money selling them to a 400EX owner smile.gif

Jaybr

#5 Post by Jaybr »

Yeah, they failed to put that important peice of info on the price list.

Joe, never tried one of those plugs, but I'd probably stick with the stock spec.

I picked some up at the local Polaris dealer one time. Not sure which Polaris uses them, but they had them in stock.

4punksdad

#6 Post by 4punksdad »

I am sure the stock plug is the way to go, I just thought I would keep the CR9E and use them in the interim until I can get back to the bike shop if they would work.

jcv440

#7 Post by jcv440 »

Joe,

Didn't have anything else to do at work, so I called NGK. The CR9EK has the dual ground electrode. Our motor requires the extra ground. The CR9E only has the one ground. It will work, but you risk burning the electrode off and having it drop into the cylinder. So I'd just wait for the right ones to come in! smile.gif

4punksdad

#8 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by jcv440
Joe,

Didn't have anything else to do at work, so I called NGK. The CR9EK has the dual ground electrode. Our motor requires the extra ground. The CR9E only has the one ground. It will work, but you risk burning the electrode off and having it drop into the cylinder. So I'd just wait for the right ones to come in! smile.gif

thanks for the info. seems as if the bike shop has the correct plugs in stock, they just gave her the wrong ones. I will switch them out asap.

cdalepilot

#9 Post by cdalepilot »

jcv440, good call and excellent info, i can say i learned something today!smile.gif smile.gif :clap:

out4ya

Spark Plug

#10 Post by out4ya »

I have brand new plugs. $5 ea min. 5 pieces. Shipping $5