EFM Auto Clutch vs. Hydraulic Clutch?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Racin Red

EFM Auto Clutch vs. Hydraulic Clutch?

#1 Post by Racin Red »

Just got back from The Lone Star GNCC in Texas. Beat up pretty good, but what a freak'in blast!:head: A third the way into lap three busted a clutch cable and had a tire break a bead. I managed to limp her home for a finish. Here's the question, I was talking to a vendor there regarding the EFM auto clutch that is available for the Cannibal for around $500.00. For the riding that I do (GNCC/Harescrambles) I am wondering if anyone has any advise regarding EFM Autoclutch. Right now rather than just replacing the stock clutch cable I am thinking EFM or Hydraulic Clutch. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Derno24

#2 Post by Derno24 »

Well you can't simply bolt on a hydro-clutch to the Cannondale. The motor casing is different. You would need to buy the other case just to get the hyraulic and still have to get the hydraulic set-up. Very expensive. I don't know too much about the EFM set-up, but I would think someone has heard about or tried it.

thomez

#3 Post by thomez »

Not to redirect anyone from this site, but a couple of the bike guys have had these on the 2 wheelers over at Cannondaler - if you do a search over there you will find some info on them. Maybe even one for sale I think.

cannondalekid18

#4 Post by cannondalekid18 »

i have a REV-LOC that i tried, would consider selling, it sure didn't work for MX would be great for riding in the woods...