Need new rear sprocket and chain

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
OCR

#11 Post by OCR »

Go sidewinder... yes more expensive, but you wont need to adjust the chain nearly as much and it will last a lot longer (a guy was using it in our HS series last year in the B class and got 14 races out of it w/o even adjusting it, and it was like brand new). Do not go w aluminum!! You will be replacing it after one or two weekends.

Jaybr

#12 Post by Jaybr »

I got a DID X-ring ATV chain last purchase and it's been great so far. I think that is their strongest chain and I've been told that X-ring are better than O.

I run 14-40 and it pulls good.

Bags

#13 Post by Bags »

Sidewinder...But DO NOT listen to what they tell you to run. They had me into a 14/44 combo, to run MX? Well I went with14/41 and the guy on the phone thought I was a nut. I put it on and then ran out of gear all the time and was always revving it out. Switched to a cheap and used steel 38 rear that a friend had and love it now. I have the sidewinder tool steel 41 rear for sale now. Their product is superior though. My chain never rusts or anything. Just gotta wait to get a tool steel 38 rear sidewinder.

LapTraffic

#14 Post by LapTraffic »

So a 14 /38 is a good combo for woods and open desert?

Haydug, are those Talon's Steel or Aluminum? Can you PM me a price?

Is anyone running a 15t on the front? What would effects of a 15 / 41 vs a 14 / 38 (Ratios should be similar, just wondering if there would be benefit or detriment to performance)

Running 14/42 now and I shift A LOT, I'd like to lengthen that out

Thanks!

haydug

#15 Post by haydug »

The talon is aluminum, but must be very hard. Mine has went through 3 GNCC's, and numerous rides, still looks new. $40
Hey Lap, you need to ride my bike, if you were closer, I'd let you borrow it and go smoke the wife!! I'm sure she'll still respect you in the morning. smile.gif

LapTraffic

#16 Post by LapTraffic »

I might fly you out just to teach her a little respect smile.gif

There is still potential left in my bike. I am running a stock blaze map, and have had nothing done in regard to fine tuning the IO or anything like that.

I am getting the injectors reangled and the head polished this month.

Anyone know if the Stainless Steel Titax are any good for sprockets?

haydug

#17 Post by haydug »

Hey Lap, this sounds like a good tech article, maybe I'll send you a talon and DID to run for a few weeks, then try the sindwinder, and do a rull report.
Also, if you want to take the time, maybe I'll throw in a couple of different teeth rear, so you can switch them out and answer some of the gearing queastions.

Do I need to bring shorts?? biggrin.gif

LapTraffic

#18 Post by LapTraffic »

An excuse to do research and write an article?

I am putty in your hands smile.gif

Let me know what you'd like to set up

Im thinking a 13, 14 and 15 front (dont have the 15)

Compared to a 45, 42, 38 rear

PM me or I can give you a call on Monday to set something up.

claas900

#19 Post by claas900 »

..Hey LapTraffic..I think for every one tooth you go up in the front it like 3 smaller in the back..So if you want to keep stock gearing,and have gone up one in the front to stop chain slide wearing...I think you will need 45tooth in the back?42 is stock right?.. Cuzz iv been looking for a 44 for the back.
Iv been told the reason the Cannon get such good hole shots is cuzz they have such a larger rear sprocket? I guess its more then just gearing,something about being so large,torque is multiplied greatly buy this. Something about the rear sprocket is so much larger that a lot more power/leverage is put to it,to get it going,yet not so much more power that it spins the tires?..
I hope this makes scents,cuzz i know I'm lost..lol..
sad.gif

thomez

#20 Post by thomez »

It is true that you would need to go up in the rear sprocket to stay stock if you change to a 14T front, although you don't really need to. If you run that 14T front with the stock 42 rear I think you will still have PLENTY of torque. I am hoping to gear mine up some soon, it has too much torque LOL.