handle bar vibration

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
airtime

handle bar vibration

#1 Post by airtime »

i posted this on another forum, but i wanted to make sure everybody read this. i took the stock handle bar grips off my 03' cannible and replaced them with ourry grips (the ones with the large square blocks). this really reduced the vibration alot and made riding the cdale even more enjoyable. i also put silicone in the handle bar ends to help with the vibration, since i replaced the hand grips and put the silicone in at the same time i can not say how much (if any) the silicone helped. i am using an anti-vibe handle bar mount with pro taper bars. by far the ourry grips made the biggest difference.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Try rubber mounting your exhaust that makes a huge difference.

airtime

#3 Post by airtime »

i went with the lone star and pro taper, since i had them installed at the dealer i realy cain't say if they made a difference or not. the ourry hand grips did make a huge difference. also, if you put silicone in the handle bars, make sure you let it dry before installing the hand grips. the silicone expanded out of the handle bar and i have had to reinstall my hand grip twice. 27, did you place rubber between the exhaust mounts and the frame?

LapTraffic

#4 Post by LapTraffic »

27, go into more detail on that please, thanks. What are the anti vibe clamps and how much are they?

Knight440

#5 Post by Knight440 »

anti-vibe clamps are pretty sweet I have one on my EX and love it someday ill have one on the Dale for sure,,, but first I want a Dampner, (SP) Any of you guys know what dampner (SP) works with the stock 03 stem it has the mount on it but witch one is it for Scott? Isn't that the one that come's on the Moto?

Cannibal440

#6 Post by Cannibal440 »

My Cannibal is an '02 with the tab on the stem. I bought the Scotts and just used the factory tab. Everything lines up fine, and it works like a charm. BTW, use your own Allen Wrenches to install the damper. The one they sent with mine was not exactly the right size and if you try to use theirs you will strip the allen head mounting bolts when torque-ing them down.

cannondale27

Rubber mounted exhaust

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Laptraffic,
I used 250r exhaust hangers I did have to reposition the mount on the silencer to keep it up high enough.You might be able to use one that is straight.I think polaris might use one they would be a rubber puck with a stud out of both sides.I will try to get some pictures quad is apart for go through right now.

LapTraffic

#8 Post by LapTraffic »

pictures would be perfect!

Knight I believe it comes with a WER damper

btolenti

#9 Post by btolenti »

key knight,

is that the stock handlebar clamp you are using? Where did you mount your key?

Knight440

#10 Post by Knight440 »

Originally posted by btolenti
key knight,

is that the stock handlebar clamp you are using?  Where did you mount your key?

Thats the vib mount on my EX, To mount one on your Dale you will need the keymount plate from the blaze or moto.