Oil on my motor

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
00Honda400EX

Oil on my motor

#1 Post by 00Honda400EX »

after riding this weekend and a couple weekends ago I saw there was oil on the side of my motor. The side of the oil filter cover just above it, it looked like it was sprayed there while riding because it's flowing backwards. If you need a pic i can take one. Does anyone know where this is coming from? I checked the oil and it's right on but I have no idea where this could be coming from.

EuroGOD

#2 Post by EuroGOD »

Well it may be coming from the breather hose that is fitted to the LHS of the cam cover...This hose is usually routed down toward and ends near the battery.

Ryanstones

like EuroTrash said

#3 Post by Ryanstones »

must be your transmission vent hose.
It'll leak when you overfill.
:wow

00Honda400EX

#4 Post by 00Honda400EX »

here is a picture, you guys still think it's the hose?

http://www.thebestgen.com/images/motoroil.JPG

Ryanstones

Re: like EuroTrash, um Eurogod, sorry.

#5 Post by Ryanstones »

Have been been running sustained high speeds? Is that oil? or did you spill your coffee?

Did you look at the vent hose ziptied to the frame behind the fuel pump?

I don't see where else it would be coming from? Have you checked your tranny oil level?

:deal: thas a lotta questions!

cannibalq8

#6 Post by cannibalq8 »

holy **** !!.. it same my situation when my piston stuck... Yo man.. if u cant find where this oil come from .. take off the plastic and the tank and check the vavle cover plug and bolts.. one of my bolt missing and cause same that oil mess on my motor.

if u the bolts and plug still there and figure out where that oil come from let me know me plz

Ryanstones

don't go scarin the guy q8!

#7 Post by Ryanstones »

It doesn't look like it has run down from the top at all.

00Honda400EX

Re: Re: like EuroTrash, um Eurogod, sorry.

#8 Post by 00Honda400EX »

Originally posted by Ryanstones
Have been been running sustained high speeds? Is that oil? or did you spill your coffee?

Yes, I ran it on the ice at above 60 for a awhile when it was having problems running it was -5*. No coffee

Did you look at the vent hose ziptied to the frame behind the fuel pump?

More info on this I don't know what you're talking about, sorry.

I don't see where else it would be coming from? Have you checked your tranny oil level?

Yes, the tranny oil is between 1/2 and 3/4 of the way up the window.

The oil stained my motor sad.gif

thomez

#9 Post by thomez »

If you still have that much tranny oil, likely it was just overfilled and then came out after sustaining the high speeds. I wouldn't sweat it unless it does it a second time now at the appropriate level.

00Honda400EX

#10 Post by 00Honda400EX »

Originally posted by thomez
If you still have that much tranny oil, likely it was just overfilled and then came out after sustaining the high speeds. I wouldn't sweat it unless it does it a second time now at the appropriate level.

It's always been at the same level unless I'm checking it wrong. I followed the directions in the manual and am Checking it while the machine is cold and hasn't been ran. This is the correct way right? I'm getting ready to change the tranny oil again after the next ride.

Any tips on removing the oil from the motor? I tried industrial strength simple green but it still didn't take it off.