Look what I got

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Swampdale

#11 Post by Swampdale »

I imagine this will add to the engine's top end considerably, but doubt it adds lower RPM torque, it may even hurt it a bit. I'm very interested in seeing the dyno results. By shrinking the intake ports you actual increase the incoming air's velocity, in effect increasing charge pressure and increasing the momentum of the fluid moving through the combustion chamber. This is a function of the pumping action of the piston. By compounding this with piston speed (engine RPM) the effects should very positive. The faster the piston travels the greater the effects (more HP).

Swampdale

#12 Post by Swampdale »

Yeah, I used to be involved in road racing. You can effectively do the same thing by using special cams with less lift, sometimes longer duration. The smaller anulus creates a narrower passage for incoming air flow. We also used epoxy to custom form the intake tract (runners). Less lift equates to less chances of floating a valve while still minimizing spring rates, thus conserving HP. I wish I had a few heads to play around with. We've got access to a flow lab. I enjoy messing around with this stuff, but I'm tying to get mine reliable to race and can't afford to waste time on R&D right now, Plus I hate pulling this motor:mad:

A larger volume air box and less restrictive (larger) filter might further improve bottom end in conjunction with the head Mods. Where would you find the room for it though????

Jaybr

#13 Post by Jaybr »

Swamp.

I'm thinking the bump to 450 will improve the bottom end some, then the head work up top.

I've also got the AFR meter coming and will be working on that setup to get a map tuned up for all the motor mods.

Haydug says 50+ hp, we'll see when I hit the dyno.

USAMoto00

#14 Post by USAMoto00 »

So when is the dyno run slated for? Hook us up with some #'s!

Jaybr

#15 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by USAMoto00
So when is the dyno run slated for? Hook us up with some #'s!

It'll be a couple weeks. I'm waiting on my new and improved shift shaft spacer, then I have to install the motor and tune a map. Then I'll get with Fourwhls and schedule some dyno time.

Derno24

#16 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by ******
Jay don't forget my spacer;)  and I want my seat back LOL I know were you live:eek:

You are just sick guys down there aren't you lending your seat out like that.

Derno24

#17 Post by Derno24 »

What did he get you drunk then stole your seat or did he just steal your seat when you weren't looking. tongue.gif

Jaybr

#18 Post by Jaybr »

I didn't even really want his seat, just don't like Yankees so I took it:p

Derno24

#19 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by ******
rednecken!!!!

What you and Jay were doing is none of my business.

USAMoto00

#20 Post by USAMoto00 »

Sicko's!!sad.gif