What does it sound like when you hit the rev limiter?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
TheJaspMan

#11 Post by TheJaspMan »

Maybe they need to come up with a nice tach to mount on the handle bars!!! :eek:

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

Our motors make really good power right up to the rev limiter I prefer to shift but in a tight race to the corner that high rev limit has beat many quads by me not shifting.It kind of sound like this when you hit it.DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DAreapeated really fast probably 20 times a second never noticed any backfiring just that noise and power falls off.

CdaleRacer0128

#13 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

yep he explained it best b4 me, da da da da da da back fire , and a flame if you have an exhaust like me:p

Mjollnir

#14 Post by Mjollnir »

I guess that's the sound it makes. I suppose it's just the rev limiter. If that's the case, I hit that puppy all the time! Oh well, good to know I've thoroughly failure tested it. biggrin.gif

Still seems like there should be more. Maybe I'll have to duct tape the laptop to the gas tank with the D&M hooked up so I'll have a tach. sad.gif

BTW, I recently sent another e-mail to Autometer regarding hooking up a tach. They have a tach-adapter for a GM that looks like the wiring is similar. I'll start a new thread about it.

Marc

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

Wistech found a inductive tach that you just stick the wire into the coil hole in the head he said it works well.Another option would be to put it on a dyno Iceracer had the rpms on his dyno runs and the rev limiter kicked in right at 11,000 rpms.

blaze#52

#16 Post by blaze#52 »

just hook the D+M tool and go into the status screen it will give a real time read out of the RPM's that would be one way