Fuel pump not priming

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Ryanstones

you're kiddin right brian?

#11 Post by Ryanstones »

Originally posted by briansgi
So what is a D&M kit and how much does it cost?

You've had your 'dale longer than most all on this board and you're gonna ask that?:eek:

I guess that goes to show that a D&M isn't an absolute necessity for many 'dales! Fun to have i'm sure.

thomez

#12 Post by thomez »

Directly wire your fuel pump to your battery and control it with a toggle switch mounted into your plastic. Seems to work well for Tony aka Swamp'Dale.

If the fried circuit got other things you will still need a new ECU, but this will prevent it from happening again.

EuroGOD

#13 Post by EuroGOD »

:wow Now you've done it...

Put your chefs' hat on and take a bow, you have just joined the elite club of ECU cookers.

By shorting the fuel pump, you have sent an electrical spike into the ECU, blowing the fuel pump driver....

Time for a new ECU or either of the fixes above.

speed2424

ecu

#14 Post by speed2424 »

There is a new ecu on ebay right now.Go to http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2463174748

wistech

#15 Post by wistech »

You should have disconected the ecu ground wire on the fuel pump before running your own ground to it.

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

I would also test that relay you got from Napa to be sure it has a diode in it.I would hate to have you fry your new ECU.And I really wouldnt trust the guys at the counter.

thomez

#17 Post by thomez »

Have you tried to take the fuel pump off the ECU and see if the rest works, having the fuel pump hardwired? You can get away with a toggle if it does.

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

Sure looks that way.I got your relay mixed up with the other guys.

wistech

#19 Post by wistech »

I dont think the relays have a diode in them . I think they use a resistor. On the side of most relays they usually have a wiring scematic which shows a zigzag line on them next to the coil .They are made to absorb a voltage spike.

Lightman02

#20 Post by Lightman02 »

My stock relay on my 03 Cannibal has the diode in it on the schematic. There is a diode symbol which is a triangle with a line on top. Resisotrs will not help voltage spikes, there are not made for that. The slanted lines you are seeing maybee the coil symbol, which does act like a resistor in a way.