Fuel pump not priming

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
thomez

#21 Post by thomez »

I'm no electrician but that sounds correct enough to me. Maybe PM Swamp'Dale for a for sure answer. His works.

wistech

#22 Post by wistech »

Your right there a couple of different kinds out there . The ones we use at work a re different. I think resistors are for electrical noise or something. Whatever they are you should use one that has the same scematic on it.

Lightman02

#23 Post by Lightman02 »

Resistors are used to limit current / voltage going to a device. For electrical noise / filtering you would use capacitors.

DangerRanger

#24 Post by DangerRanger »

Caps resist change in voltage by adjusting current, Resistors adjust current by adjesting voltage.

The Diode is used to bleed off the coil when it is turned off IE to keep a voltage spike from backfeeding into the circuit. A resistor in the relay helps with EMI and will bleed off some too. The difference is the diode will not let the coil swap polarity.

BRIANSGI, I tried callling you back last night, but only got VM, give me a hoot again tonight, and I can talk you through some troubleshooting.

Ben

DangerRanger

#25 Post by DangerRanger »

not a bad idea to buy one, and if we get you fixed you can dump it off.

Ben

I will call you later tonight, I been swamped at work, on lunch right now.

wistech

#26 Post by wistech »

Ok you engineers out there. I was just checking the relays i have at work . Some are just plain relays. Most of our computer engine relays ones have a resistor run in parallel with a coil. Only one relay that was for a starter soleniod had a diode in it and that was a different body style than the bosch ones. The diode was run is series with the coil relay like the one in the cannondale wiring diagram. They are listed in the terminal supply catalog as resistor relays for surge protection. They didnt even list a diode equipt bosch style relay.
So what is the differnce in protection between the diode and resistor style. I think you could just wire in a diode in relay circuit and use a standard relay if you cant find the special cannondale relay .
Im going to build a wiring harness to use the ecm to trigger fuel pump and cooling fan relays so it doesnt have all that amperage running through it. Any info would be apreciated.

cannondale27

#27 Post by cannondale27 »

Wistech Danger Ranger has already built a harness such as you want.To deal with all the work of finding connectors and good relays,research,testing and such I really think that it is a good idea to buy his.I did.

wistech

#28 Post by wistech »

Interesting ,Id like to see the details. I build wiring harnesses all the time and also wanted to make a high low headlight system using the stock headights. I have already built a prototype that works great . It runs the headlights in series for low beam and using 2 relays can switch them to the normal parallel circuit. I have all the tools and parts for deutch and weatherpack wiring and besides I like to tinker.

cannondale27

#29 Post by cannondale27 »

High low headlights would be nice.I think there are bulbs that would fit our lights that have both high and low.I bet if you made a harness for that with a switch that would sell.I would buy one.

wistech

#30 Post by wistech »

Unfortunatly cannondale decided to use automotive driving lights which are single element type but high wattage. I have searched everywhere and the dual element bulbs have a completely different mounting system . I am also going to install a honda switch assembly to be able to use the high, low and starter buttons all on one unit.