The Cannonbomb Exploded Again

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Kos462

#11 Post by Kos462 »

thanks for all the help guys but to anser danger ranger about spending the extra dollar and to have it done the right way maybe it should of been done the right way when the atv was built, such as the lack of lock tite on half the bolts, and i did get the 4 wheeler for a heck of a deal but if i would of new that it would of been sitting there in pieces more than i rode it i wouldnt of bought it. But what are ya gonna do ya live and learn

cannibalq8

#12 Post by cannibalq8 »

sorry for that dumb question guyzzz.. but what's the diffrent between winkey crank and balanced crank ??

Big Winky

#13 Post by Big Winky »

I could sell you a brand new take off rod bearing and rod, But the rod journal has already been destroyed on your 2 peice crank, now if you happen to have a 50 ton press and a special built fixture... you can get your crank apart, weld the journal up, get it re-machined to within 4/10,000 of and inch, then reassemble it again (you'll need that 50 ton press again), then straighten the crank to within .001 of an inch.. (another special fixture) you'll be all set. Oh, don't forget to dye check the crank for cracks before and after welding and make sure every square millimeter of the crank, inside and out is perfectly clean. And keep in mind that everyone here paid dearly for their quad/cycle also, our personal quad was the moto $12,000 and it had a bad crank also (we weren't happy either), But we still love the C-dales. BTW, we prefere our special built rod with bearing for the higher rpm rating. and don't even think of putting another crank in the motor UNTIL you clean the frame and lines completely.

canibalistic

Wash

#14 Post by canibalistic »

I'm with bknight How do you wash out the frame spars and lines??
By the way where is everyone getting these new bigger emoticons??

thunderwolf

#15 Post by thunderwolf »

You should see them on the left when you reply to something. There are six super size ones.
smile.gif
sad.gif
tongue.gif
:mad:
:eek:
:confused:

cannibalq8

#16 Post by cannibalq8 »

how much u need time to rebuild damaged crank

Big Winky

#17 Post by Big Winky »

personally, I prefere to use a power washer to clean the frame out, but a steam cleaner would do better, then hang the frame front end up with all plugs out and let dry for a couple days. As far as time required to rebuild a crank, it varies with work load, but usually 2-5 weeks.

canibalistic

Emoticons

#18 Post by canibalistic »

They don't appear anywhere when I reply

thomez

#19 Post by thomez »

They should be to the left when you are replying. If not, maybe you have something turned off in your profile. Go to the User CP up top and see what options you might be able to change in that regard. Good luck. If no luck, shoot Jaybr a PM smile.gif

WJR

#20 Post by WJR »

Oh come on Winkey, you know you can fix these cranks up with a vise and a sledge hammer.

biggrin.gif

WJR