Coolant

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cdalemx301

Coolant

#1 Post by cdalemx301 »

Well i went ice riding a few weeks ago twice. And for some reason now my coolant level is really low. Now my question is if im at high rpms for extended period of times could that have c=aused the coolant to drop tremendous or is there somethin wrong?

Derno24

#2 Post by Derno24 »

I would check for leaks first then look at the radiator. Just keep an eye on it and see if it happens again before panicking. May not be anything. Just keep a constant eye on it though.

thomez

#3 Post by thomez »

Mine was disappearing to nowhere and I think it is getting into my tranny fluid. Doug has said this could be either a cam seal or valve cover corrosion. Check your site window for the color of your tranny fluid and pull the cover if anything seems out of whack to see. You might have caught a big problem before it got ugly.

bouncerdude

#4 Post by bouncerdude »

it the coolant is leaking into the engine oil, than most likely your cam cover is corroded through. if it is leaking into your transmission fluid its a different problem. on the left side of your motor and behind your timing chain there is a "wrist pin" access hole. if the bolts losen or back out the coolant will be pushed through into your transmission case. you could also have a crack in the sleeve too. but id drain the engine oil and then the trans to see if any coolant dumps out. you will be able to tell right away.

J. Delaney

#5 Post by J. Delaney »

I just found a leak on my brothers 02 Cannibal. It was a cracked resivoir right at the front mounting bolt.

cdalemx301

#6 Post by cdalemx301 »

ya i drained both oiils and there was no coolant in either of them