Question about re-installing clutch

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Ballistic Atv

Question about re-installing clutch

#1 Post by Ballistic Atv »

Hey guys.

I am almost finished installing the stage 8 kit on my cannondale, and I am at the point where I am re-installing the clutch. My question is, there is this small metal ball that fell out of the clutch when I pulled it out of the engine, and I cannot figure out where it goes.
If somebody knows what this little metal ball is then please respond a.s.a.p, because I am supposed to be going on a group atv ride tomorrow.

Thanks

TheJaspMan

#2 Post by TheJaspMan »

Look at:

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/tech/Engin...g%205002338.pdf

Page 16 - part 16

Is that the bearing you are talking about?

Ballistic Atv

#3 Post by Ballistic Atv »

i cannot get that link u posted to work.
the metal ball looks like it may have come from inside the spline that the clutch assembly goes on to.

TheJaspMan

#4 Post by TheJaspMan »

Here is a screen shots of the parts diagram:

Aparently there is an 8mm ball bearing in the clutch. That may be the part you are talking about. If you can narrow it down to that part several of this guys can definetly help you.

EuroGOD

#5 Post by EuroGOD »

Yup wink.gif

The clutch slave cyl. pushes a rod which pushes this ball which actuates the clutch.....

Lightman02

#6 Post by Lightman02 »

THe ball goes in the engine first, then put the clutch rod in and then put on the slave cylender.

Ballistic Atv

#7 Post by Ballistic Atv »

Yeah thats the bearing that I was talking about. Thanks for your help. Jaspman, could you email me a full size screenshot of that diagram so I can make sure I put everything back in the right order. my email addres is mattlvsball@aol.com

:head:

Jaybr

#8 Post by Jaybr »

Ballistic,

Glad you got your problem solved.

Your gonna have to make sure to come to the group ride here in May, your only 2.5 hours from here.

I'm up your way in Tysons almost every week.

TheJaspMan

#9 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by Ballistic Atv
Yeah thats the bearing that I was talking about. Thanks for your help.  Jaspman, could you email me a full size screenshot of that diagram so I can make sure I put everything back in the right order. my email addres is  mattlvsball@aol.com

:head:

I just emailed. Hope that helps.

Ballistic Atv

#10 Post by Ballistic Atv »

Jaspman I just got ur email and also figured out how to get the engine manual downloaded. Thanks again for all of your help.

Jaybr, that would be awesome to go on a group ride with you guys! Just let me know where and when it is and I'll see if I can make it there.
:usa