The roots of the Cannondale powerplant

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondalekid18

#11 Post by cannondalekid18 »

i work at a dealership and own my own Moto and i have found the trick to making the spark plug switch quicker is not put the bolts in found on top of the raditor and i switch every allen bolt ( which strips easily when your in a hurry to the more common 8mm flange head bolts

Guys don't forget the cannondale motor is very similar to a husaburg ( thats where they got some of there first ideas)

LapTraffic

#12 Post by LapTraffic »

Not pull the bolts? Which ones?

So you change all the allens for the body? That's a pretty good Idea. Ive lost several and now have a hodge podge of hardware, I think Ill change it over this weekend, lost my seat bolt too so Im gonna hafta make one of them seat latches.

You'd swear my Cannondale was 3 years old instead of 10 hours old.

Anyone with an LE pulling their decals off? Mine are in rough shape, peeling etc. Think Im just gonna take them off, run it clean.

LapTraffic

#13 Post by LapTraffic »

No battery problems here, I even occasionally start it in gear with the clutch in rather than grabbing neutral. Dont tell anyone.

The only time my battery got low was when I fouled the plug, I tried to start it for a couple of minutes before I realized I needed to pull the plug. The fouling was my fault.

Overall a very nice quad, just the decals are bulging in a few places and dont look very professional. I'll take some pics and post them this weekend. I got it from the dealer like that, both LE's he had were the same way.

No big deal to me, Im buying new plastic anyway.

mountainman10

#14 Post by mountainman10 »

My stickers look great and are holding up real good after about 60 hours. There was a bulletin on cannondales web site that said they needed trimmed in some areas or they would peel. This was before you bought your quad if I am not mistaken and the dealer should have done it. Check and see if it was done. If it was not done I would ask for a new sticker kit.

LapTraffic

#15 Post by LapTraffic »

It was not done, this memo referred to the area on the side panels where the flag wraps under the seat. It needed to be trimmed so it didnt overhang the plastic. Mine wasnt done here but its not the main problem, the main problem is the front piece as the decal wraps around the nose, it bulges out (pretty bad) and does not lay flat against the plastic, like it was too thick to make a corner there or something. The light covers as well have about 5 dimples each. They get water and dirt in them and then slowly start opening up.

I thought this was true of all LE's is yours doing this? I'll take pics this weekend, it'll better describe what Im talking about

Thanks smile.gif

mountainman10

#16 Post by mountainman10 »

Mine has a couple of demples, but they are holding up good, and I have been in a lot of mud. I have even pressure washed it with no problems of peeling.