cant get it to run

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
J. Delaney

#1 Post by J. Delaney »

You checked the battery cables and made sure the fuel lines were fully seated?

Happyboy

going to sell??!!

#2 Post by Happyboy »

Calm down big fella. This is kinda funny because I just finished my stage 8 this morning around 1:30am. Went to bed and finished up the radiotor and filled the fluids this morning. Went to start it and it cranked but wouldn't fire up completely. Foulded the plug. Cleaned the plug and tried again, nothing! Took the plug out and replaced it. Boom, started up like a champ. I can only guess that there is air in the fuel lines/injectors. I don't know why, but heck, it works now. Be patient with it and keep checking the plug. I am sure you foulded it. Do my routine, foul it twice then put a new one in.

Let us know....

Sean

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

You said that it does sputter but it won't stay running??

Did you check the timing when you reassembled the timing chain?

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

Did you inspect the timing at least? Or did your friend's dad do everything? All I would suggest is double and triple check all of your connections. Be sure you have all the hoses routed correctly and all of your sensor plugged in correct. I would hate to tear a motor back out just to find out that it was ok.

As for riding not wrenching, I don't know how you can do that. I have never only ridden and not worked on my bikes. Even my friends are always doing something to them. If you don't want to work on the 4 wheeler then this may not be the bike for you. You could get a 400ex and just take care of it. It won't mess up very often. But it you take good care of this one it should last a while.

cannondalekid18

#5 Post by cannondalekid18 »

I am John, big winkeys son, theres 3 things that you need to make your dale run, comprestion, spark and fuel ( and all at the right time) From reading your posts i am not totally convinced your cam timing is spot on, which it MUST be for the machine to run. If you can find a comprestion gage to screw plug hole that, should eliminate the cam timing issue, Good luck John

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Kylehasdale do you have a D&M?It could be as simple as a throttle recal and idle setting.Timing could be off and still have compression.If you stick your finger in the sparkplug hole (thumb works best) it should blow your thumb out with fairly good force.

cdrookie

#7 Post by cdrookie »

wouldn't that take a long thumb?

thomez

#8 Post by thomez »

LMAO that is the first thing I thought then I scrolled down and you had already said it.... :drink:

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Allright !The coil hole.Geeze:D

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

And if that doesnt work try putting.......Not!