fuel pump question

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Happyboy

#11 Post by Happyboy »

LOL, poor iceracer. Don't ever keep your mouth shut, every little bit helps. And turning the key on and off would help if the fuel pump really does pressurize with the key. I just don't think it does, or at least mine does not.

NRath

#12 Post by NRath »

On a quad with a stock electrical system, the pump will not run by simply turning the key on. Your starting procedure should include pressurizing the fuel system- identified by the pump running before you try to crank over the engine. The fuel pump shouldn't run till you hit the start button.

CANNIBALKID

#13 Post by CANNIBALKID »

if your having a hard time getting your quad to start try this method. the way thomez described eariler will not work for me for what ever reason. the plug doesnt last very long or just fouls before i can ever get it to start. here is what i do.. i turn my key on and hit the start button (not the prime button). only hold it down for 2 or 3 seconds , or let it turn over a couple times. then turn your key off. turn the key back on and hit the start button for a couple secs. let off and repete on last time and it should start easier. i only have to do this when i start my quad for the first time that day. after that she fires right up on the first try usually.

thomez

#14 Post by thomez »

The start button and the prime button are the same thing just used differently

Tap to prime

Push and hold for a few seconds to start.

CANNIBALKID

#15 Post by CANNIBALKID »

zach is right. sad.gif what im trying to say is don't prime your quad. it just squirts too much fuel, makes fouling them plugs way to easy. just my 02.

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

I prime mine twice and fire it on third.But whatever works for you.