after stage 8

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Happyboy

after stage 8

#1 Post by Happyboy »

My motor seems to be running kinda rough. I am not sure what is happening but it seems to be idleing pretty bad and there is some hesitation sometimes when I gun it. Is there any reason I would have to recalobrate anything after something as easy as a stage 8 update? Also, would the tightness of the timing chain affect anything like this? I don't think it is too tight but heck, who knows. I think I left the spring calibrator at the same level as before but I don't remember.

Any ideas? PS. I checked the timing before I closed it up, was TDC.

Speed03

#2 Post by Speed03 »

Take a real real good look at the boot between the airbox and the throttle body, make sure its sealed all the way around and the boot isnt stuck inward of the box or TB. This may require taking off the plastic to get a good look at it.

Check the negitive battery cable between the frame.

bouncerdude

#3 Post by bouncerdude »

you sure the cam gears were timed up correctly? i thought i had mine right and it was a tooth off. just a thought.

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

Nope, I had em picture perfect.
When you said off a tooth, you mean they wouldn't line up at all? Or you had the chain off by one link?

NRath

#5 Post by NRath »

I'd also suggest checking the boot first. The other thing is a TPS recalibration. That can cause some grief. I'd definitely get hooked up to a computer before dropping the engine again.

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

TPS recal? Is that anything like a TPS report?
Please tell me someone gets that....

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

I thought you got that memo about putting cover sheets on your tps report. smile.gif

Check your throttle body boots for a perfect seal.

Mjollnir

#8 Post by Mjollnir »

Yeah Happyboy, make sure you use the right cover on that report.

Has anyone seen my stapler?

Happyboy

#9 Post by Happyboy »

Yeah, it was the slimline stapler right?

So, did you get the name off stargate SG1 or what?

Mjollnir

#10 Post by Mjollnir »

I believe it was the a red Swingline, as opposed to the Bostitch, which is now standard issue.

Wow, Happyboy, I can't believe it's taken this long for someone to ask the origins of my nick!

My grandparents are Norweigian. Mjollnir was the name of Thor's enchanted warhammer in Norse mythology.

I just thought it sounded cool. biggrin.gif