any one use big winkey crank?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
bknight

#11 Post by bknight »

well it looks like im going to have to drop my motor.
was doing to send it to winky thanks to 27 and ben
but got to thing bout this what crank is atk putting in and how dose it run any one have one here

Derno24

#12 Post by Derno24 »

They are putting in a Falicon crank. I have heard of a couple of people getting this crank, but haven't heard any reviews yet.

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

Southbay may have winky cranks now but to my knowledge they didnt when Q8 got his.Easy way to tell is to look for thrust washers on big end of rod.Only way to get those is to disassemble the crank.Winky is only one who does that.And while he has it apart he does other mods to make it last.

ATK cranks are balanced by Falicon they arent made by them.They are stock cranks.Most failed cranks the rod big end goes tight.Will balancing fix that?

Anything is better than stock but the quality of Winks work is the best.I paid full price for my work and have seen the others.I am a machinist at my main job so I appreciate fine machining and a person who is willing to explain things to you for hours and know what he is talking about.The others I am sure do their best but for me that isnt good enough.I wont ever compromise on parts for my quad I demand the best no matter how long it takes or how much it is.Then I can ride and not worry.

Update:Please read my following post

cannibalq8

#14 Post by cannibalq8 »

ur right guys ... i still use the stock crank and as u said SBM change the bearing.

actully befor i sent my engine ( last May ) i just rebuild it.

now. i dunno if my crank is siezed yet but im looking for rebuilding or remechine my crank by big winkey to increase my reliability.

I WANNA ELIMINATE THIS PROBLEM ...GUYS!!

claas900

#15 Post by claas900 »

..I wish Doug would chime in here..

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

Backtracking a bit here.I hate to say it but I really dont know much about cranks other than they are very difficult to get right.It seems as though the foolproof fix is still to come or maybe never will.Do the best you can or wait:confused:

cannibalq8

#17 Post by cannibalq8 »

!!!!!

cannondalekid18

#18 Post by cannondalekid18 »

about 1 in every 20/25 cranks are ok, but the others are going to totally junk themselves in under a 100 hours.

Reason being the journals are packed full of valve grinding compound, then when your big end connection rod bearing is pressurized with oil it blows that compound into the bearing distroying it.

I have seen many cranks that feel perfect, spin perfect and you would swear that would be fine, but when we get them apart, they are with in minutes of failing.

Dad took apart one last week that felt fine and the bearing fell apart in his hand.

In my oppion there are no safe Stock cranks i have seen 03, 02, 01 junk, and actully there are just as many of each.

the rods are junk because the big end crank bearing is only rated at 10,500 rpm, thus the reason which switch to a carrillo/ falicon rod ( which is not the same as from cannondale) we use a 14,000 rpm bearing which requires the rod to be a different size.

Good luck guys!!!!!!!
Lil wink

Jaybr

#19 Post by Jaybr »

Lil Wink,

Where did you come up with 1 in 20/25 cranks being good?

Big Winky

#20 Post by Big Winky »

I taught him how to count, Jay. lol