any one use big winkey crank?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
DangerRanger

#41 Post by DangerRanger »

I have done the above and will offer it too any Cdale riders out there, you can bring your motor and I will pull it for you or you can pull it, for $250 I will perform the basics above, no gurantee obviously, but personal experience shows me it will last through thick and thin.

However if you are the finicky and demanding owner, and want every edge, plus want to see the full capabilites of the Cdale motor, I would talk to Diamond Racing. They are opening up what the Cdale is capable of, and helping find unseen advances. There are some good motor builders out there, but honesty, trust, and someone that stands behind a known race motor, says loads. And too this point they have been on target.

Again, Jim and I were friends long before I was a customer, and I know they do awesome work, but remeber it is just like owning a 400ex or anything else, they are all good, simple mods will keep them rolling, and for some out there that decide to, they turn to CT, GT Thunder, FST, Winky and others to advance the capabilites

haydug

#42 Post by haydug »

Dangerranger: Are you on Jim's payroll now?? smile.gif

DangerRanger

#43 Post by DangerRanger »

no, just very impressed smile.gif

Kinda a low blow... yammirider smile.gif

Ryanstones

#44 Post by Ryanstones »

So what you are saying is that the Cannondales are much more reliable than the posts here would indicate? Hey, i'm all for that line of thinking! Everybody knows that most owners only post when they have problems. I'd love to hear from the rider with 1000 hours! But Frankly, i don't believe it. I thought mine was awesome for 250 hours with no motor problems, then it all went to heck. I still think it's awesome, but now i'm wondering how long til this one blows. Seems like a lot of people are wondering the same thing, AND, can they do anything to avoid it.

So, the question remains, HOW ARE THEM WINKY CRANKS HOLDING UP?

i've ridden a winky motor, and it was FANTASTIC! Smooth, smooth smooth. I guess this summer will tell how they hold up.

cannibalq8

#45 Post by cannibalq8 »

yo guys

we need ur help here. i will send it back to U.S without make sure that i will increase my relibilty more that befor or i will wait sad.gif

Derno24

#46 Post by Derno24 »

Trust me when I say this I don't think you can find a better group of engine builders than are out there for the Dale. Take your pick Haydug, Champion Motorsports or Winky. All are making the dale faster and more reliable in my opinion. I have yet to hear anything but positive results from Haydug and Winky customers and Leric and I are testaments to Champions Motors.smile.gif

CdaleRacer0128

#47 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

Originally posted by Derno24
Trust me when I say this I don't think you can find a better group of engine builders than are out there for the Dale.  Take your pick Haydug, Champion Motorsports or Winky.  All are making the dale faster and more reliable in my opinion.  I have yet to hear anything but positive results from Haydug and Winky customers and Leric and I are testaments to Champions Motors.smile.gif

**** straight we are! these things kick *** so much, and have so much power, i actually stripped my axle under the sprocket :eek:

DangerRanger

#48 Post by DangerRanger »

Are they reliable....only some serious seat time will tell. 250hrs before it came apart? that's pretty $ucking good if you ask me..My old EX is nearing close to that, and the owner is looking to get her fixed.

If I get a full season of rides and races then **** hits the fan, I will be very happy, considering how I treat her....ridden twice as hard and always put up wet.
I just wish I was a good rider like Jeff@Quadshop

Big Winky

#49 Post by Big Winky »

Your are correct Ryan, the c-dale is more relieable than the posts would indicate and basicly what I was saying was that 1 in 20-25 people that send me a crank to rebuild .... didn't need it rebuilt, it was fine just the way it was, but for racing it is better to have it done as insurance that the crank will handle the higher level of abuse. A crank that runs tighter clearances, higher rpm rated bearings, and is in balance, should last longer and be more relieable. I have seen my cranks last with no problems as well as stock cranks last with no problem. But as cannondale missed the mark on improving their product, we have just taken their base product and tried to make improvements to it, difference is that if a product of ours has an issue, we are still here to stand behind it, unfortunately cannondale isn't. as for my circle of friends, if you have a motor and you want better performance out of it...... You are in my "circle" . regardless of the brand name on it.

TheJaspMan

#50 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by Big Winky
as for my circle of friends, if you have a motor and you want better performance out of it...... You are in my "circle" . regardless of the brand name on it.

Now there is a nice guy! :clap: