dependibility kit by south bay

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondale4good

#11 Post by cannondale4good »

Just breaking it in actually. Very nice!! Very snappy. This is my 3rd Dale (engine). Best "puller" yet. I love it.

CannondaleRider

#12 Post by CannondaleRider »

What would be better for dependability the ATK rebuild or the DE1 Kit.

Derno24

#13 Post by Derno24 »

I would say they are both the same or very close. Differences would be that instead of southbay balancing the crank Falicon does it for ATK. Wade Wilcox who used to do the motors for South bay went to ATK and showed them how to work the motors. I am sure there are more differences, but that would be the major difference.

CannondaleRider

#14 Post by CannondaleRider »

So they would both be a good way to go? My motor is very unreliable so i need to get as much reliability as possible

thomez

#15 Post by thomez »

Send it to Haydug, less money and just as good - get a 450 kit and a brand new Falicon crank and you will be reliable as a 400ex biggrin.gif

glamister

#16 Post by glamister »

Sorry, and I dont want to offend eny one but it is not the same as ATK, ATK was traind buy Wade Wilcox. ATK dose stuff no one nows about trust me you get what you pay for. Ive got 35 hours on my quad and it runs killer:) (you will be happy) send it to ATK!

Derno24

#17 Post by Derno24 »

Well I am going to correct you alot. The technology that Wade uses has been slipping out to akll of these mechanics. in essence you are getting the same motor from Haydug that ATK does with all of wades tricks. Yes there are small differences between all of them, but not in the reliability part. If you want my opinion take it to whomever is closest. That is the real answer.

EuroGOD

#18 Post by EuroGOD »

Originally posted by glamister
Ive got 35 hours on my quad and it runs killer:)  

I often ride 35 hours over a long weekend trailriding and I built the engine myself...
Pulls harder than a 14y/o with a copy of Heff's finest wink.gif

Making these engines produce the numbers is not that hard. Getting them to stay together and regular maintenance are the key points.
Price and delivery times would get my money, that means the next rebuild will be getting parts from Haydugcycles.com.

thomez

#19 Post by thomez »

ATK was trained by Wade - ok so maybe they have done 10 motors by now. Is Doug at 100? I think he knows what he is doing just fine.

I know of personally 3 of Wade's magical motors. All have had more trouble than the stockers. How about that for getting what you pay for.

glamister

#20 Post by glamister »

Easy,35 hours on the sand is like 100 on the trail. Like I siad just send it to ATK. If you have eny questions call me 801-401-8170 I'm outof here