Exhaust Packing

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Lightman02

Exhaust Packing

#1 Post by Lightman02 »

I assume the stock toaster is supposed to have packing in it. I took the cover off and didn't see any at all, did they forget to put it in?? How to you pack a stock exhaust and what kind of packing should I use??

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

No packing ...its a baffle system...they just get louder as the plates crack and break apart. smile.gif

Lightman02

#3 Post by Lightman02 »

Can i make it less loud???

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

Are you missing the spark arrestor cones ? I thought the toaster was very effective at silencing the noise . The engine clatter seemed louder than the toaster. I had to take out all 3 cones and one baffle before mine got any louder than stock.

Lightman02

#5 Post by Lightman02 »

I never removed anything from the exhaust, i'll have to go inside and take a look.

Pro400EXC

#6 Post by Pro400EXC »

My FMF (stock blaze) had nadda packing left in it?I guess since the headpipes so short and a straight shot,it gets so hot it burns the paking out quick?How do yah solve this?

pdavis

#7 Post by pdavis »

i need to repack my big gun about every 5 rides due to the fact it burns/blows it out, this gets expensive, so i bought a sheet or wall insulation and cut a section out evertime i repack, i have tried about 3-4 different brands of packing and get the same result with all of them, they dont last long on a dale

TheJaspMan

#8 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by wistech
Are you missing the spark arrestor cones ?  I thought the toaster was very effective at silencing the noise .  The engine clatter seemed louder than the toaster.  I had to take out all 3 cones and one baffle before mine got any louder than stock.

I hear that!!! And that's about all I hear after riding for an hour or two!!! :eek:

claas900

#9 Post by claas900 »

...I was told the HMF uses packing called "sport packing"..i dunno anything else about it...He told me its life time packing?..rolleyes.gif

CdaleRacer0128

#10 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

does the TC pipe use packing? i don't see too much of anything inside my exhaust:(