Mounting Handle Bars & Exhaust

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
rob_me686

Mounting Handle Bars & Exhaust

#1 Post by rob_me686 »

alright just a few quick questions here
i have an 03 cannibal le, and i have a pair of tag t5 bars that im ready to mount. but im curious, do i use the same clamp that is holding my stock bars, and would this involve morving the ingnition? ive read somewhere once about some sort of mounting plate? do i need one?

and when changing the header, are those crush nuts nessessary? or will the old ones work, but the new ones just create a tighter seal? and do you need any kind of high temp sealent when putting the pipe on the header?
thanks
any help would be great

Derno24

#2 Post by Derno24 »

Let's see. If you have a tag x-5 set of handlebars then you can just replace them for the stockers no mods except removing the center support on the handlebars. Now if you have tag t-2's then you need fatty clamps and a place to mount the key switch and stuff. Someone just drilled a hole in the headlight delete and put it there and some people use the key switch mounting plate.

As for the header I just replaced mine with the nuts that were with it and it worked ok. No sealant, but if you want to be safe get new crush washers.

rob_me686

#3 Post by rob_me686 »

awsome
yeah they are the x5 bars not the t2s
so does that black plastic piece just come off and then can be reinstalled over the new bars in the same place
im not plannin on gettin a kill switch anytime soon so i wasnt going to do the mounting plate way but thanks for the reply!

CdaleRacer0128

#4 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

it will fit, but you won't be able to use teh bar pad, well you can i guess, just it is a really tight fit

candyassmiler

#5 Post by candyassmiler »

get rid of that stinky piece of plastic...theres a feller who made a run of the metal mounts on this forum for a nice price.....its very handy

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by rob_me686
awsome
yeah they are the x5 bars not the t2s
so does that black plastic piece just come off and then can be reinstalled over the new bars in the same place
im not plannin on gettin a kill switch anytime soon so i wasnt going to do the mounting plate way but thanks for the reply!

Yeah you have to take the pad mount bar off the handlebars though. This way you can get to the key switch...

Jammer72

#7 Post by Jammer72 »

Funny mine works fine with the pad on.

garysol1

#8 Post by garysol1 »

Ditto

Originally posted by Jammer72
Funny mine works fine with the pad on.

Fullbore 350x

#9 Post by Fullbore 350x »

I have some pro-taper bars, and I can put the bar pad on it easy. It really doesnt come close to the key switch.

Derno24

#10 Post by Derno24 »

I wasn't sure I have the tag2 cr high bend and my pad is **** close to the key switch plate...