Engine Parts

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
CannondaleRider

Engine Parts

#1 Post by CannondaleRider »

I know that Haydug, ATK, and SBM can rebuild my motor with a 450 big bore, and also make my motor reliable.

If it was possible could i buy like a Winky (hope i said that right) crank, get a 450 kit and have a local engine rebuilder to do it, if this was possible could it be reliable?

blaze#52

#2 Post by blaze#52 »

you can buy the crank and 450 kit from haydug, there is acouple of options on the crank, as far as having a local bulider build it, i think i would leave it to the pros, they know the ins and outs and the little things that make a big difference

CannondaleRider

#3 Post by CannondaleRider »

I'm on a tight budget so i'm trying to save as much money as possible. If i got the 450 piston and sleeve kit and a Big Winky crank, all the guy who i will use (he rebuilds engines as a side job) will be doing is taking apart, boring, and dropping in new part. If he is a builder on the side, you would think he would have no problem doing this. If i went this route would it be reliable with good maintenance(which Dales need anyways), or is there a lot of things ATK/SBM does that affect it a lot? Thanks.

haydug

#4 Post by haydug »

I notice your sig. say "2001 FX"
You will probably need to update your cases, or send them to wink and have the cases machined to accept the new bearings.
As for having someone local do it, sure, just be sure he knows what he is doing, one small missed detail and these things will blow back apart.

CannondaleRider

Doug

#5 Post by CannondaleRider »

I have read a lot of stuff and it appears that you are the guy to turn to when it comes to getting Cannondale engines rebuilt, so i'm wondering something. If I send my motor to you what would it cost to get a 450 kit, ballanced/new (preferably new) crank and bearings, cases updated like you said, and anything you can do to make it relaible.

If anything other then what i listed can you please list what they are.

Thanks,
Chance Mayfield

haydug

#6 Post by haydug »

Call me