injector removal

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
pdavis

injector removal

#1 Post by pdavis »

once fuel lines are off, how do you remove the injectors? just pull them out ?
and are the injectors tuned to ecu?

Brad77

#2 Post by Brad77 »

Yeah,

Once the lines are off and you remove that little metal bracket underneath the injector it simply pulls out. It will be a little snug because of the o-ring.

I don't think the injectors are tuned with the ECU because the flow rate is controlled from the ECU and not the injector. Although because of tolerances and such there still could be a little better flow rate from one injector to the next. I have actually heard that after a period of time, depending on fuel and additives the the inside of the injector almost gets a polished finish.

NRath

#3 Post by NRath »

They do come right out after pulling the little metal retainer off. Pull from the black part that the harness plugs into. If not, you could end up with mothing more than the chrome cap in your hand. Also, you don't have to unhook the fuel lines.

thomez

#4 Post by thomez »

They always say that the throttle body should stay with the injectors right?

Jaybr

#5 Post by Jaybr »

The Injector Offset and Injector Flow Rate are specific settings in the ECU tuned for the specific injectors in your motor. If you change injectors, you would need to reset these settings to match your new injectors. This could be tricky because you have no real starting point, unless you have the injectors flow tested.

pdavis

#6 Post by pdavis »

so this motor i just put in my quad, i should pull the injectors and replace with the injectors from original motor?
i tried to pull the injector out amd i thought i was going to break something, they appear to be in there a little more than snug

Jaybr

#7 Post by Jaybr »

Unless you know the factory setting from the new motor, I'd probably use your old injectors.

Bring the new ones with you up here and we can probably get them dialed in with the AFR meter.

Brad77

#8 Post by Brad77 »

Thats interesting to know. I always thought of the injector being nothing more than just a spray nozzle that was being instructed by the ECU.

Thanks for the info.