Not Starting...NEED HELP!!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
rob_me686

#11 Post by rob_me686 »

speed2424, you mentioned to crank the engine over for 10 seconds with the plug out, i'll go and do this.. and i will put the plug on the aluminum for the better ground

just a question tho
if it does spark and after i put it back in the engine and then if i try to start it and it does the same thing....what would this mean?

thanks guys!

rob_me686

#12 Post by rob_me686 »

alright'
well i did what you guys said, i pulled the plug had it in the coil and cranked it then check for spark, there is spark and i know fuel is spraying in the hole so, i put er back in and still nothing... im not too sure about my battery tho, i charged it and still... so i put the charger on and but er on boost and still nothing....

i know its not the same w/the boost but it woudda had the 12 volts for sure. and still nothing....

do you think it could be the idle screw. like when i put the pipe on it was idling WAY to fast and i turned it down so would that be it...

if i were to take a car battery, then connect it as i would jump it, and try to start it like that, that would prove to me if it was the battery or not right....(no d&M kit)

im starting to get worried here, b/c i have no clue whats wrong!

Jammer72

#13 Post by Jammer72 »

Timing jumped maybe or a cracked flywheel? What is the color of the plug if its not new.

rob_me686

#14 Post by rob_me686 »

its new so the colour hasnt changed
my old on was black tho when it came out

i also know it could probably use some throttle cal but i cant do that so im not sure what good it is knowing that tidbit of information.

would listening to the quad trying to start help anyone with their Diagnostics of the problem? if so let me know if u have AIM.. thanks

cdrookie

#15 Post by cdrookie »

does it spit and sputter any when it's turning over?

i'd say do a compression test on it. if it has spark and is getting gas, the timing is off or the compression went south on ya! valves might be out of adjustment, but i doubt it since it just quit running all the sudden. hook the jumpers up to it and give it a shot. try opening the throttle to see if that helps.

thomez

#16 Post by thomez »

I think it needs a throttle cal so opening the throttle a touch might help smile.gif

rob_me686

#17 Post by rob_me686 »

no it really doesnt spit or sputter when its turning over, thomez what would u think on this one... you heard it whats your opinion on that?!?!

how would i do a compression test on it???
and if the timin is off or the compression went south what would this mean...? if in fact that is the case.

instead of takin my battery out, i guess i could juet get one from the good'ol Crappy Tire tongue.gif and then return it. (this would work wouldnt it)

and when you open the throttle at the start, wont it foul the plug? with opening the throttle, do u mean the thumb trigger, or the metal thing that you can twist (under that rubber thing)
thats the impression that i've been under since i got the quad...

thomez

#18 Post by thomez »

It isn't spitting or sputtering. It sounds to me like it barely has enough juice to crank, that is why I suggested trying to hook it up to a car battery for a jump.

rob_me686

#19 Post by rob_me686 »

alright
i'll try this out as soon as i possibly can!

thanks guys
and i'll get back to you

speed2424

Car Battery

#20 Post by speed2424 »

Just hook it up to the car battery,but DON'T start the car.You don't need to have the car running!!:deal: