Carburetor Conversions

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
thomez

#11 Post by thomez »

You don't have to know how to use a computer.

wistech

#12 Post by wistech »

Ahhh ....................stupid computers. tongue.gif

NRath

#13 Post by NRath »

Yeah, I'm with you guys. I don't see the benefit of going backwards. The D&M is super easy to use. For the price of the new carb alone, you could probably buy a used laptop and the software.

wistech

#14 Post by wistech »

If you are afraid of computers then you shouldnt have a dale in the first place. Some have the "Grass is always greener " philosphy I guess. What next steel replacement frames? If anything lets improve the fuel injection to be all it could be. Lets see some full feed back closed loop system from optimum like I belived Cannondale should have done in the first place. Ill buy it. :clap:

Big Winky

#15 Post by Big Winky »

It was done to see if we could improve the performance over the injectors, which it did.

Jaybr

#16 Post by Jaybr »

Wink, not trying to start something here, but if you where able to get better performance from a carb than the fuel injection, I've gotta beleive it's because you really know how to tune a carb, and the fuel injection was not running optimally or there is something wrong with out FI system.

Big Winky

#17 Post by Big Winky »

You're absolutely correct Jay, I am really good at tuning carbs and at the time we were doing this, I didn't know that much about mapping and such, so I tried to make it easier on myself to tune. Since then, as most people know, I've become quite good at mapping changes and the fuel injection setup on the c-dales. Do you remember the guy I was talking to a the dealer show? He has helped me alot in coming up with a new style injector for the dales which should be by far a better performer than we've seen so far (really good atomization) and the cost should end up being reasonable also. A note should be made that I am the type of guy that never seems satisfied with engine performance as I believe there is always room for improvement on any motor, heck, I even hopped-up my chain saw and lawnmower.

Winky went kicking and screaming into the computer age.... LOL