Oil filter conversion

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
SANDNURIZ

#21 Post by SANDNURIZ »

$0.02 worth what I found on my quad is the motor ran a little hotter with the paper filter then it does with the S.S filter. Better flow. :head:

Jaybr

#22 Post by Jaybr »

Lewis does have more stock filters in, still waiting on the Emgo's.

kdeal

#23 Post by kdeal »

Gary hit the nail on the head. With no bypass valve in the SS filter, if it gets clogged, you are up the creek. But, since the advice has been to change oil in the Dale so much more often than other bikes, I don't think this is possible. I can tell you that it is a lot easier to clog a paper filter, than a SS one. I have used SS filters on race cars with much success. The factory Dale SS filter is definitely different than two aftermarket SS filters I have seen (Scotts & Infinity Performance), the later advertises on Ebay a lot lately. I use the Infinity filter, but do not have enough time on it to make a fair evaluation. Why don't we create a poll for this and the success rate? Is Maz the only experienced tech or shop that has this experience? I'm curious what Big Winky & the rest of the shops got to say on this. I say change your oil often and you can use either, neglect your oil changes, and I would probably rather have the paper one.....

My 2 cents..

thomez

#24 Post by thomez »

I don't think that Scott @ Champion, Dustin @ Southbay, or Wade Wilcox will sell you a stainless filter. I don't know about Winky.

Jaybr

#25 Post by Jaybr »

I'm no expert on filtration, and after reading some of the post on the subject I'll probably be running paper from now on.

BUT, I have run a factory stainless filter in my Speed for over 2 years now with no motor problems.

cdalepilot

#26 Post by cdalepilot »

i have used a scotts for 2 yrs now and have had no problems !:usa

SlOoT

#27 Post by SlOoT »

Um, Eurogod told me that a YZ450F paper filter fits like a glove, you just have to take the rubber ring of your dale filter and put it on the yamaha filter.

Soon we will find out if a YZ450F filter realy fits like a glove.

TheJaspMan

#28 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by SlOoT
Um, Eurogod told me that a YZ450F paper filter fits like a glove, you just have to take the rubber ring of your dale filter and put it on the yamaha filter.

Soon we will find out if a YZ450F filter realy fits like a glove.

Reeeaaalllllyyyyy..... :head:

SlOoT

#29 Post by SlOoT »

Oh, um, just a small mistake, it was a YZ426F.

cdalexct

#30 Post by cdalexct »

I still use the original SS filter raced on it for 2 1/2 years and never had any problems with anything Just got the motor refreshed from champion and nothing wrong with it at all no updates strong motor with the clutch cable style