Is it possible?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Lippy91

Is it possible?

#1 Post by Lippy91 »

Well my quad won't turn over but I'm hoping it's due to a dead battery but my bigger fear is that it is something else.. Is it possible that while I was having problems with my fuel pump leaking(squirting) that it leaked onto the solenoid and shorted it out. If that is the problem where can i get a new one asap. I have a race this weekend and due to the problems since putting the motor back in , I have not been able to ride it.

thomez

#2 Post by thomez »

It could be hydrolocked, after you get the battery charged up see if it will turn over with the plug out... might have oil down in there :eek:

Lippy91

#3 Post by Lippy91 »

hydro what? Doesn't sound good

thomez

#4 Post by thomez »

Not as big of a deal as it sounds. Check ball in the frame spar doesn't quite work correctly once, oil seeps into the motor and gets into the cylinder, just causing it to be really hard to turn over (often it won't) - if you remove the plug this takes the pressure off (no compression) so the battery can turn the motor over and clean the oil out (spit it through spark plug hole). Then you stick your plug back in and it will smoke for a while but no long term damage whatsoever. Might foul a plug in the process but that is about the biggest problem you are likely to have. That is how I understand it all at least. I'd give that a try before worrying about something more serious smile.gif

Lippy91

#5 Post by Lippy91 »

Thanks

Lippy91

#6 Post by Lippy91 »

Well, I charged the batteryfor about 5 hours and I get just a click sound when I go to fire her up. Hopefully a easy fix.

Lippy91

#7 Post by Lippy91 »

loose connection will do it every time.

garysol1

#8 Post by garysol1 »

what connection was loose?