buying 02 cannibal

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
erbilabuc

buying 02 cannibal

#1 Post by erbilabuc »

new to dales, what should I be looking for?

cdrookie

#2 Post by cdrookie »

need to find out if it's an early or late 02. early ones had a cable clutch, did not say cannondale above the drain plugs on the lower left side of the engine and some had the 500 ecu(need to remove the front plastic to find out). while it's off look to see if there is/was oil in the ecu tray, that doesn't mean much though. need to check ball joints! the lower ones are notorious for being bad. wouldn't want it to fall apart on your first ride! only reliable cure is new aftermarket a arms. tie rods go bad also, but are much cheaper to replace. ask about updates, crank and tranny cartriage plate bolts work loose and will demolish the innards, the fix is a stage 8 bolt kit. if it doesn't say cannondale above the drain plugs it really doesn't need the motor mount update. see if there's two hoses coming up from the drain plug area, the update for that only has one. i'm sure you're thinking twice about getting it now, they're complex and technical machines, there's stuff i'm probably forgetting. my best advise is to read everything you can on this site, almost every question has been asked before and many problems solved.

erbilabuc

#3 Post by erbilabuc »

well here is the one that I was interested in buying.

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showth...=&threadid=5406

as a previous banshee owner I am not new to heresey that non-canondale owners are giving me and I would rather take it from the actual owners you know

Ryanstones

#4 Post by Ryanstones »

that's probably the sweetest 'dale you could buy.
Most cannon's have fewer problems than your avg HiPerformance quad. You just don't hear about those. My feeling is you have less than 1/7 chance of REAL, immediate problems.
they are sweet, top quality machines! except the few that aren't.:confused: