Puking oil. AGAIN.

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
fyrmedic

#11 Post by fyrmedic »

Started puking oil the first ride of the day, and a few times when riding hard (whoops and climbing). Slowed down as the day went on. I prob put just over 1 1/2 quarts in, but I'm thinking I didn't get all the old drained out. The level is great now, and no puking!

danyeo

#12 Post by danyeo »

When i did have a problem like this last August the quad was running wierd at first and backfiring then it blew the oil out and just shut off. This time the quad still ran fine and never did anything wierd before it blew the oil out so that is a good sign.

Derno24

#13 Post by Derno24 »

The trick I have seen is put only one full quart in run the quad check the level and add accordingly. Reason is that this way you can't overfill. Also when you check the oil you need to have run the quad .

Good luck Dan!:usa

danyeo

Still happening.

#14 Post by danyeo »

Well i was at it again today. First thing i did was run the qaud for a few minutes. SHut it off and drained the left frame spar, a decent amount of oil came out of here. Second i drained the right spar and not that much came out of here. Then i drained the oil drain bolt and not as much came out of here as i would have thought. Last thing i did was change the filter. BUt between the oil puking and the oil drain i did, i figured i had most of it out. I plugged it all up and added 1 quart of oil and ran it for a few minutes and the oil dipstick showed a good reading, it was between the markings as shown in the manual. Took it into the woods for about 30 seconds and was able to rev it in 2nd pretty good, stopped and left it running and oil was puking for the airbox hole again. I then took my shoe off and beat it against a tree spouting many 4 letter words! Now the thing is the quad still runs fine. I left it running for a while and the oil just spits out of the opening in the air box, it doesn't puke out but maybe that's because it's only at idle. The oil dipstick was only showing a slight reading on the stick. I shut it off and checked the reading several times and kept watching the air box hole and it continued to spit oil out of the opening. I can look inside where the oil dipstick goes and i can see oil in there. Is this thing just not draining out the oil good enough. I drained each spot and let it sit till nothing came out. The total amount of oil that i drained out doesn't even look like a quart though to me, but it did puke out the last time i rode it, but still i don't think it puked that much. I'm confused now how much oil is in the quad, the dipstick shows just barely a little oil marking on the end of it but it still spits out. DO you guys still think there is too much oil in it.

Happyboy

#15 Post by Happyboy »

Wouldn't this happen if one of the oil pumps is messed up? Return pump or something?

danyeo

#16 Post by danyeo »

I just had the scavenger pump replaced in March but maybe it went again.