It's DEAD! AGAIN.

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
danyeo

It's DEAD! AGAIN.

#1 Post by danyeo »

Read my other post about puking oil for some history on this issue. Today we went out for a ride. Started it up in the morning and it was wasn't puking oil, the oil level looked good. Started riding and kept checking for oil and everything seemed ok. We were trail riding and hitting some hills. Then i hit a long straigthaway and was able to hit 5th gear wide open, reached the end of the srtaightaway a was hitting 5th again. I was slowing down and downshifted and heard a LOUD screetch from the engine which didn't sound good and i puked oil all over the place. It won't turn over. This seems exactly like my pervious issue where i broke a decompression level off the cam taking out the head. At least for the next hour i got to ride a YFZ and a TRX450r and was left wishing i owned one of those quads as i have just about had enough.

bknight

#2 Post by bknight »

ok im going to ask but did you have the stage 8
on one of the forumes sume were ??? i read that if a bolt backs out oil will puke out so maybe thats the sound you heard was the bolt rubbing ill look for that link

danyeo

#3 Post by danyeo »

i Had the stage 8 and vent hose updates done back in March.

cannibalq8

#4 Post by cannibalq8 »

**** sad.gif

danyeo

#5 Post by danyeo »

Originally posted by bknight
ok im going to ask but did you have the stage 8
on one of the forumes  sume were ??? i read that if a bolt backs out oil will puke out so maybe thats the sound you heard was the bolt rubbing ill look for that link

OK, i calmer today. I think it's probably the same thing that happened last time to me but the thing is why has it happened twice and what could be causing it. I read that a possible unbalanced crank can be the root of all the issues the Dales have.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

If it is decompression make sure the one you replace it with has a little allen screw in the pivot pin.Older ones were just pressed in and would fall out causing the problems.I may try running without the decompression at all.Let you know.

kdeal

#7 Post by kdeal »

Steve,

I am interested in the same thing, let us know.

Ken

danyeo

#8 Post by danyeo »

Originally posted by cannondale27
If it is decompression make sure the one you replace it with has a little allen screw in the pivot pin.Older ones were just pressed in and would fall out causing the problems.I may try running without the decompression at all.Let you know.

Running it without the decompression was something Scott from Champion mentioned as well. I see lots of people mentioning puking oil, they should check this issue out. I have about the same riding time on it as last year when it failed. This time though I'm fixing it then selling it.

fyrmedic

#9 Post by fyrmedic »

??? ok.. please explain the decompression.. where is it, and what to look for?? Thanx!

Derno24

#10 Post by Derno24 »

Hey Dan PM me your number if you want to talk. I am sorry to hear about your problems!